Error message in Cura 4.8 Can anyone help

A21UNO

Posted · Error message in Cura 4.8 Can anyone help

I am trying to slice a model in Cura 4.8 but the model shows stripy and when I try to slice I get the following message, Unable to slice, Please review settings and check if your model, : fits within the build plate,  : are assigned to an enabled extruder, :  are not all set as modifier meshes. The model does fit within the build plate, I have only one extruder so assume it is permantently enabled, I have not had trouble printing other models. I'm not sure I understand the last one but I am only trying to slice one model so assume there's nothing to set there. I did have this problem with another model and when I enable a brim the message went and the model turn to yellow, however this doesn't work with this particular model . Can anyone help please?

Can you show a screen shot?  How close is the model to the edge?  I'm going to assume it's just barely small enough to fit?  Is that correct?  

If my assumption is correct try these things from another topic:

set "travel avoid distance" to zero.
    disable brim and skirt both!

details here:
    https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013799339-How-to-print-the-maximum-build-volume-in-Ultimaker-Cura

If I'm completely wrong in my assumption then zoom way out - there might be some extra mesh portions in the STL that are not "part" of the model in your mind but are in the STL file - there could be something far far away from most of the model.  Am I making sense?  Imagine a model of a 2 one inch cubes separated by 20 inches.  You see one of them but don't realize there's a second thing way over off the screen.

Thank you for your help, you appear to be right, reading the link you sent I can see my model is in the dark area of the bed. I have encountered this before using Prusa Slicer and simply increased the bed size in the machine settings. I have done this in Cura but now I can see that the print area does not increase, only the outer area around the print area.

My print bed is 220 x 220 and my model is 220.2 x 219 so I will have to go back to the drawing board and try to reduce the size a little.

Once again, thank very much. Graham.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Im actually getting the same message but Ive caused it in a different way, and despite fixing the issue the message tells me about, I get the same message.

I initially, months ago, set up a second extruder to use as a pen plotter on my 300mmx30mmx400mm printer. I decided to scrap the idea for other reasons, and I changed my printers setting back to 1 extruder.

Now, anytime I try to print multiple items (as I used to regularly before) in "1 at a time" mode, i get the same message as OP:

Unable to Slice. Please make sure your models: 

Fit whithin the build plate

Are assigned to an active extruder

Are not modifyer meshes.

all four of my tiny models are arranged properly on the plate to allow the extruder to pass between them, they are assigned to an active extruder- because printing "all at once" mode works right, and im pretty sure they are not modifier meshes.

Why cant Cura slice for 1 at a time mode anymore?

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 12.07.08 AM.png