Printer not listed

jasonstrong1

Posted · Printer not listed

Do you know much about 3D printers?  I found some information but it will be a project getting the machine to print.  It was made for WiFi usage and was very proprietary.  That doesn't mean it's impossible, but it isn't for the faint of heart either.  I found some good info on this GitHub page.

Don't worry about installing it in Cura yet.  First thing is to get it to move.

Turn on the printer and plug in the USB cable.

Plug the USB cable into your computer (which should be on and ready to do stuff).

Start Cura.  It has a plugin called USB printing that should be enabled upon installation of Cura.

Download this gcode file.  I copied it from that github page and it is supposed to be for your printer.  (It's a calibration cube.) 

Mod-T.gcode  I MAKE NO PROMISES ABOUT THIS GCODE FILE.  I found it in a junk pile.  Generally speaking it is a bad idea printing someone else's gcode.  Be ready to shut your printer off if starts howling in agony.

Open that gcode file in Cura.

The blue "Save to Disk" button in the lower right corner has an arrow on the right end.  Click on it and select "Print via USB" and then click the big button.

image.thumb.png.1ea23dc9339246f14b2e478567792287.png

Once you click the big button this Monitor screen should come up and you should see the temperature of the hot end start to rise.  You don't have a heated build plate so the bed temperature won't rise.

You aren't looking for a perfect print here.  Just want to make the machine move.  If it starts making a horrible racket then shut it off.

image.thumb.png.1119a4460b9b7db8a949aa92736515bb.png

Both a Cura setup file and a Slic3R setup file lists the firmware as RepRap.  You can add it as a custom printer in Cura.  There are a couple of other small printers like yours that you could install in Cura and make some changes in the Machine Settings,

• 4 months later...

just followed the name... printer not listed...

As I have the chance to get a UM2 or a Cr-10 soon, I'd like to check Cura - interestingly, the definition/extruder/...files are located in the ressources folder, but in "add non-network printer" they are not listed/shown.

I intalled 4.13.1 and 5.2 and 5.3 - the same... also. I can't see any Ultimaker printers...

Any hint on that appreciated??

• 3 months later...

I have a PowerSpec 3D Printer, and its been existing for about, 2017? How is it still not on there when earlier ones are on? Also, I can't work it since it is a different model of printer that confuses me on how it works. can you add it to Cura? Thank you!

18 minutes ago, DevinPrints67 said:

I have a PowerSpec 3D Printer, and its been existing for about, 2017? How is it still not on there when earlier ones are on? Also, I can't work it since it is a different model of printer that confuses me on how it works. can you add it to Cura? Thank you!

UltiMaker does not make the profiles.. its not been added because no one contributed it to be added..