Model not appearing in Preview

smi77y

Posted · Model not appearing in Preview

Hi - I'm new to 3D printing so sorry for what might be an elementary question...  My model does not appear in "Preview mode" after slicing.

It's a very simple design, .stl file was created in Google sketchup.  see attached Any ideas? 

Thank you!

CCM as3 test-2.stl

Your model is almost certainly not manifold.  I didn't look but I've used sketchup and it's all too easy to throw up some walls where one wall just doesn't quite connect.  Or I forget to add a "floor" under all the walls.  More information here:

https://i.materialise.com/blog/3d-printing-with-sketchup/

Okay I looked at your model.  It looks fine.  It slices fine for me.  Maybe post your project file - do "file" "save..." and post that file here.  It will include your machine settings, model positioning, cura profile, overridden settings, material settings, model scaling, etc.

113048914_Screenshotfrom2021-02-0914-44-59.thumb.png.5e52e82c28a1068cff6b7cea082da09d.png

• Like 1

You have a delta printer!  Cool.  It slices fine for me as you can see below.  I didn't change a thing.  Did you click the slice button in the bottom right corner?  Did you then switch to PREVIEW mode (I guess you did as stated in the original post).

It says it will need 5.1 meters of filament.  Does it show that (just above the slice button)?

Hmm.  Maybe try a different computer?  I used cura version 4.8.  I assume you used the same?  Not that it should matter.

790643813_Screenshotfrom2021-02-0922-34-55.thumb.png.23d1af9e735fbbca35b10cc698067df8.png

Thank you for your help...  I made a small step forward.  Shut down Cura and started all over.  And, the model appeared in Preview.  

Onto the next problem... using a new IMAC, it doesn't have a micro SD slot, (I don't have an adapter).

So, connected via USB cable but Cura is not recognizing the printer in Monitor view.  Its just blank  

Printer is a FLSUN QQ S Pro.  Any suggestions?  Or is it better just to get an adapter and use the micro SD?

Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 11.07.37 PM.png

Success!  My son's chrome book has a micro SD card.  

Maybe I'll start a new thread if I can get the printer hooked up via USB

IMG_2723.jpg

• Like 1