PVA is set in the void in the primetower...

HaryPlotter

Posted · PVA is set in the void in the primetower...

HI,

hope everybody is ok and prints are turning out great...

I have a larger print to do and want to use the interface layers for the first time as my PVA always seems to get stuck in the extruder klogging it... (new ectruder, new filament). I thinkt it is the rather small sections of support the causes the filament to get kind of "cooked" inside the extruder after a while. Supporting small areas is always difficult, so now I try with the interface posiibility hoping that this reduces the chance of my pva getting stuck and therefore ruining my time and the print itself...

In doing so I want to implement a primetower thus getting a greater chance of extruding enough filament (PVA) out of the nozzle so it will not gettign cooked inside the nozzle again..

However now my problem is that the primetower was split into "sections" (see foto). So partly the PVA will not get print and then eventually in the void because there isn´t any PVA left underneath the body. This said you can immagine what follows... if it isn´ t wiped by the outer perimeter the PVA will eventually create problems to the print. Is there a way of solving this problem and still remain with the interface support?

Greetings

Daniel

PVA will get printed in the void in the prime tower.jpg

I stopped using priming towers after about my first 8 months.

If you are having issues with your PVA (and yeah, it is a pain to print with) you should evaluate your room humidity levels. That is the biggest issue when printing with PVA. And minimize retractions to say about 10 or 12.

Good,

I´  ll try that...

Given room humidity I built a drybox about 2 years ago, but stopped printing because of pandemic issues..

Now I´ m back on the row and need to find my way back into it. That is eventually why I chose to change the remaining PVA completely... but still. Well I think when temperatures rise again. I will have more chances..

Drybox keeps the PVA to a stable 23% humidity (max 30%). So I hope that is enough to get rid of this number in the equation of misleading prints..