Adding a custom setting to Cura to modify the size.

iFrostizz

Posted · Adding a custom setting to Cura to modify the size.

Hi!

I just started to develop plugins for Cura as I would need a shrinkage ratio that scales up the model.

I would like to add a setting that would be called XY shrinkage percentage that shoud be between 0 and 3% and I would add the multiplication of this percentage by the resizing of the model so that it would scale silently in X and Y and the user would still be able to resize his model using the tools on the left. Sadly, I am still a beginner in the development world but I have been able to create the plugin so that it would be displayed in Cura.

Now, I am in trouble for displaying the custom setting. I used the ZOffsetPlugin from fieldOfView to have a template: https://github.com/fieldOfView/Cura-ZOffsetPlugin/blob/35394c4f59b5a18f55bd471d7ea8c5012182c323/ZOffsetPlugin.py#L22 but it seems like it's not working as I don't see my setting appear.

Here is my repo is anybody could please take a look: https://github.com/iFrostizz/ShrinkageCompensationPlugin/tree/main/ShrinkageCompensationPlugin

Also, I am conscient that the setting is already in Cura but not available so maybe in the next update ?? But I am having fun learning these types of things 🙂

Thank you very much, have a nive day !

Cura already has a setting for shrinkage. It's still disabled by default, since we didn't get it done in time for release, but it can be changed already.

It's called "Scaling Factor Shrinkage Compensation"

Thank you very much, I'll try that soon !

Have a nice day

That worked, cool thanks! 🙂

Also, I feel like the plugin devellopment sphere is a bit closed. What about creating a Discord server for Ultimaker Cura with support channel as well as devellopers channels, just like Octoprint does ? That would definitely make the community grow.

Also, it was not fdmprinter.dev.json but  fdmprinter.def.json.

Whoops. That was a typo on my end!

But yeah we could setup a discord server if there is interest for it.

• Like 2