Preview disappearing and objects not moveable?

cucumber_qt

Posted · Preview disappearing and objects not moveable?

Hi,

I have two problems with my setup. I have an Anycubic i3 Mega-S running with the Ultimaker Cura 4.8.0, on Mac OS X Big Sur 11.2.1 (20D74). 

1) Preview not appearing

Sometimes (See my attachment) I have the problem, that the objects do not appear in the preview. After a restart the problem is in the most cases gone. How can I fix that? Of course, Extruder 1 and everything is activated. 

2) Objects not moveable

Sometimes I have the problems after importing a .stl-File, that I can't move the object on the printbed with the cursor. I can click it, but I can't drag and drog it to another place on the bed. How can I fix that? 

Thank you very much in advance.268245809_Bildschirmfoto2021-02-25um14_07_23.thumb.png.ba4e028dbfe974e8ed6fd462cfb77ef4.png

Posted · Preview disappearing and objects not moveable?

This is a known issue with big sur. The version of Qt that we use doesn't officially support big sur. We are looking into upgrading it, but it does mean that certain (older) versions of OSX won't be supported anymore.

Posted (edited) · Preview disappearing and objects not moveable?

Thank you very much.

Is there any guess how long this will take? 

Can I solve the problems using an older version, i.E. 4.7 or sth like that? (On Big Sur)

Edited by cucumber_qt

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies