My Ultimaker Original + is not heating the Print Bed

Posted · My Ultimaker Original + is not heating the Print Bed

Hi everyone, 

First post here!

I've tried to print with my Ultimaker Original + but the printer gave Err: Maxtemp. So I decided to change the heater cables. Turned the printer back on and it seems to be fine

until the bed couldn't heat up. So I panicked. And here I am. This is a printer I bought but I've only ever worked with Ultimaker 3+'s from school. All help appriciated. 

Posted · My Ultimaker Original + is not heating the Print Bed

How do you know it's the heat bed and not the nozzle that is giving the "maxtemp" error?  If it doesn't mention the bed it could be the nozzle in the error.

Well you can print without heating the bed if you put blue tape on the print bed.  This can get you started for now.  "blue tape" is any painting tape from the paint store.  It's important to wash the blue tape with isopropyl alcohol before you start printing - this removes the waxy surface so your filament will stick to it.  Just a quick 5 second cleaning using a tissue and IPA is fine.  You have to relevel after applying blue tape.

Having the heated fail bed is common.  Usually you have to resolder the cables at the bed - but this is only for true UMO+ printers - there is another type of UMO with heated bed kit that has a more common issue.  Could you take a few photographs?  One of the print bed looking down towards the rear of the printer, one of the print head, and one of the underside of the printer (with covers on is fine).

Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies