Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
joe-hoffmann

Printing issues

I am using an Ultimaker Original + Ulticontroller and the printing always went absolutely fine. Since a couple of prints however it always places some filament where there shouldn't be any. It seems however as if it just "drops" that filament while moving over the higher parts.

A firmware update, different quality prints as well as frequent control of the bed leveling did not improve the results.

On the picture of a part with the filament problem

http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/3490/cxrd637h_jpg.htm

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Joe

I can't see the photo well enough to tell what's going on at all. Do you have a photo with lighter colors to make it clearer?

Does the part you're printing have some sticking out parts that don't have support, so that they droop down into the print? Or could your nozzle be leaking, and dropping plastic? Do you have retraction enabled in your print settings?

Joe - your post is very unclear what the issue is. But after reading it 3 times (and the picture wasn't any help - sorry) I'm going to go with "retraction". Make sure you aren't using the quickprint mode because that doesn't do any retraction so you get lots of strings in between "islands" of printing on a given layer. To get rid of strings you need retraction. And then there are 5 different things related to retraction you can mess wtih in Cura but as an absolute minimum: turn it on.