How could I adjust the Helpers in cura ultimaker??

Posted · How could I adjust the Helpers in cura ultimaker??

Hey, I am new to the cura ultimaker slicer, but i'd like to know how i could fix wrongly generated helper lines. Couldn't find anything about it, but here's the problem: After slicing the program generated a helper line that interferes with the model. I don't like the top and bottom layer pattern either, but that's not relly relevant. Any idea how to fix this? Cura version 4.8.

image.thumb.png.b36dbda54861ee455cf5598e9f1d4cb5.png

image.png

The model only contacts the buildplate with a small circle. You may want to "push" it into the buildplate a little using the move tool. Set the z to -0.1

An alternative to ahoeben's suggestion is to try the "rotate" tool option to "lay flat".  Sometimes the model comes in at a slight angle (but Lay Flat doesn't always work if the problem is in the model).

The top and bottom patterns can be changed.  "Concentric" might work well on that.  If you use "Lines" you can change the angle in the setting "Top/Bottom Line Directions" by entering something like "[0,90]".  The default is 45° and 135° ([45,135]) which is indicated by empty square brackets.  If I have to rotate a model on the build plate to get it to fit, I often change the line directions and the infill direction.

4 hours ago, GregValiant said:

try the "rotate" tool option to "lay flat"

That will not work in this case. The model is already laying flat, on a circular part of the model.

4 hours ago, GregValiant said:

The top and bottom patterns can be changed

That won't change the skirt.

The shown model will not print well without either moving it into the buildplate like I suggested, or enabling supports. If you enable supports, then the skirt will also encompass the supports.