Need help to change number of printed lines, of "Alternate Extra Wall" setting. Bug "Extra infill wall count" cura 4.8

overtop1235

Posted (edited) · Need help to change number of printed lines, of "Alternate Extra Wall" setting. Bug "Extra infill wall count" cura 4.8

I want to set all layer height is 0.2mm, only 1 outer wall is 0.1mm
I set:
Wall line count = 1
layer height = 0.1
Extra infill wall count = 3
infill layer height = 0.2
by turning on Alternate Extra Wall it is reduce from 4 lines to 2, but I want only 1 to cutting down more print time.
But more, the infill width doubled  which is fine (skip 1 layer so double at next layer)  , the problem is Extra infill walls printed (same as infill) not doubled (skip 1 layer so it need doubled at next layer) so it get under underextrusion 50% 
I see there no option to change that here, but can I change it in code files (not gcode) or something?

"Extra infill wall count"  works well in cura Arachne_engine_beta:
image.thumb.png.18ed68760a515a0168caad352c409366.png

under extrusion because  Extra infill walls width not doubled like infill:
image.thumb.png.036fdc0d3508db4e0f2055a769e2856e.png

"Extra infill wall count"  wrong in cura 4.8:
image.thumb.png.a13ff274e0d99a850f4fcbd30d2fb96a.png

Edited by overtop1235

Posted (edited) · Need help to change number of printed lines, of "Alternate Extra Wall" setting. Bug "Extra infill wall count" cura 4.8

It looks like apples and oranges to me.  The 4.8 image appears to have Wall Line Count = 2 and Extra Infill Wall Count = 2, and Alternate Extra Wall = False.  The Arachne image appears to have Wall Line Count = 1, Extra Infill Wall Count = 0, and Alternate Extra Wall = True (There is a possibility that Alternate Extra Wall = False and that the Infill Overlap Percentage is very high).

This ends up with a Single Wall everywhere:

Wall Line Count = 1

Extra Infill Wall Count = 0

Extra Skin Wall Count = 0

Alternate Extra Wall = False

This is a Single Wall with a Double Wall where there is infill:

Wall Line Count = 1

Extra Infill Wall Count = 1

This is Double Wall everywhere:

Wall Line Count = 2

Extra Infill Wall Count = 0

This alternates between single and double wall (and in the Arachne image is either the setup used, OR the Infill Overlap is nearly the Line Width).

Wall Line Count = 1

Extra Infill Wall Count = 0

Alternate Extra Wall = True

Setting the Wall Line Count = 1 and the Extra Infill Wall Count = 3 results in 4 walls.  Setting the Wall Line Count = 2 and the Extra Infill Wall Count = 2 also results in 4 walls (and 1 of those appears to be the setup used in the 4.8 image).  The setting "Connect Infill Lines" will effectively add partial walls where the line connections are made.

"I want to set all layer height is 0.2mm, only 1 outer wall is 0.1mm"  There is no setting to have the Outer Wall Layer Height different than the Layer Height.  You can have a different "Infill Layer Height".  Setting the Infill Layer Height to exactly 2 times the Layer Height (0.4 in this case) means that the infill would go down every other layer and saves time.

To my knowledge (someone from the Cura team may know better) 4.8 and Arachne are the same for the settings mentioned above.  FDM is just not a fast process.

Edited by GregValiant

Posted · Need help to change number of printed lines, of "Alternate Extra Wall" setting. Bug "Extra infill wall count" cura 4.8

"This is a Single Wall with a Double Wall where there is infill:

Wall Line Count = 1

Extra Infill Wall Count = 1

Alternate Extra Wall = False" this is not true, it double wall at all height

and this happen when I set in Cura 4.8
    wall line count = 1
    extra infill wall count =3
    it only add wall at bottom, not all at all heightimage.thumb.png.d824a1b0c4185c65abe5cb6a55d8c446.png

If you would use the "File | Save Project" and post the 3mf file here it will have that model and all your settings.

In 4.8 with   wall line count = 1    extra infill wall count =3    I get this...

A.thumb.png.050a584afd409965dac0505f14a9846a.png

Is that a hollow model with ribs you designed in, or a solid model with infill?  If you designed the ribs in then there is no infill required, so no infill walls and what you see on the bottom are your Extra Skin Wall Count = 4.

Edited by GregValiant