I need help, when i use support it does not support fully or it goes there but does not connect

Mortem

Posted · I need help, when i use support it does not support fully or it goes there but does not connect

I'm new to Cura so sorry for y lack of knowledge in this app. So I have made a dragons head and when I use the support it does not fully connect or just does not go all the way up to support the horns or teeth, so the picture I have uploaded it shows you half of the tooth is done and the other half the tip is not showing cause of the support and that also is happening to the horns in the second picture it shows you highlighted horns so the yellow is why isn't the support going all the way up there to the horn and the green highlight the not fully finished part  I don't know what to do 

Screenshot 2021-03-26 180729.jpg

Screenshot highligthed-03-26 181033.jpg

Posted (edited) · I need help, when i use support it does not support fully or it goes there but does not connect

When you get a splice like that horn where you see a layer all by itself then that usually indicates either an error in the model, or a feature that is too fine for your nozzle and line width.  When that is the case, Cura doesn't recognize that the area needs support because it can't interpret the model.

First things first - go to Service.Netfabb.com and create a free account.  Upload the model.  The model will be repaired and then you can download the fixed version.

If you haven't done so, enable "Shell / Print Thin Walls" (it can help with fine details) and re-slice the fixed model and see how it goes.

Those teeth are going to be tough to get right.  They will need support but they are so small that removing the support without breaking a tooth will be difficult.

If you can post the STL file here then maybe @kmanstudios can take a look.  I think you'll need an artist's advice more than a guy who prints plastic angle iron parts.

Edited by GregValiant

Posted · I need help, when i use support it does not support fully or it goes there but does not connect

That missing part is odd looking,  but the advice is spot on. If you do post the file, I will be happy to take a look. 🙂