Basic controls missing for queue management

Posted · Basic controls missing for queue management

I am very frustrated with the lack of some basic, common-sense features for queue management via Cura, Digital Factory and the Ultimaker iOS app.  Surprisingly, the iOS app seems to have the best queue management features of the three.

• There is no ability in Cura or the Digital Factory cloud interface to select more than one print job to delete or move.  It takes three clicks to remove or move each job (and it's slow).
  • While the iOS app has the ability to select multiple jobs, there is no Select All feature.
  • There is no ability in any of these interfaces to clear the entire queue.

This is particularly problematic for me because of some other bug that seems to have resulted in one print job being duplicated a couple hundred times (!).  The only way to clear the queue remotely appears to be to delete each job one at a time in Cura/DF or select each job one at a time in the iOS app, then delete multiple.

With a couple hundred jobs to delete it's obviously worth it to reset the DF setup on the machine itself (and then reconnect the printer to DF), but the absence of these basic features seems like an oversight.

Hi @deisengard,

Thanks for your feedback. I've distilled the following possible improvements from your description:

* Add the ability to multi-select print jobs to execute actions via the cloud.

* Add the ability to 'select all' print jobs to execute actions.

* Add the ability to 'clear entire queue' (basically a 'select all' + 'delete' action).

* A bug caused a print job to appear 100s of times (I'm unfamiliar with this bug, could you describe the steps you took to get into this situation?)

I'll relay these to the product owner of Digital Factory, and he will make the call whether and when to include this in our roadmap.

These are not per se an oversight, but we have to juggle many priorities and this hasn't floated to the top just yet.

Thanks!

Chris

Thanks for following up and passing my thoughts along.

As for the bug resulting in so many duplicates, I'm not sure how it happened, but it is possibly a result of having this particular job sit in the queue for a long time while repeatedly failing to start due to it requiring different materials than those that were loaded.

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance of having a single queue in the digital factory like there is with Grouped printers? This makes job management much easier esp if a printer goes down and it has a number of jobs queued on it (ie they'll just print on another machine). Also while I'm here, in the digital factory I can set my S5's to unavailable but not the UM3's (I can with grouped printers). PM me if you want more 🙂

Z.

On 4/27/2021 at 11:55 PM, mrzanee said:

Any chance of having a single queue in the digital factory like there is with Grouped printers? This makes job management much easier esp if a printer goes down and it has a number of jobs queued on it (ie they'll just print on another machine). Also while I'm here, in the digital factory I can set my S5's to unavailable but not the UM3's (I can with grouped printers). PM me if you want more 🙂

Z.

We've planned several improvements for print job sending and scheduling in combination with the new library. Until then, as long as you have your print jobs in the library, it's very easy to send them to any connected printer you have access to. It might not be a single queue, but it would certainly act as a 'back up' in case one of your printers goes down.

Hi,

Did anyone solve this issue? We have also a print job being duplicated a couple hundred times with no ability to stop or select all and delete from the queue. The above post was a year ago. I would have thought that it is solved by now....

On 10/6/2022 at 7:12 AM, dfl_s5 said:

Hi,

Did anyone solve this issue? We have also a print job being duplicated a couple hundred times with no ability to stop or select all and delete from the queue. The above post was a year ago. I would have thought that it is solved by now....

Apparently not, I had this issue today the queue is filled up with 216 times the same component. I have no clue how to get rid of this queue. Any ideas? This seems to be a recurring very serious and bad issue. Please come up with solutions

My printerqueue in DigitalFactory became filled up with 216 versions of the same component, no clue how to purge the queue. Any idea. This problem renders the printer useless.

I found a kind of "solution" to this problem. Simply reset Digital Factory on the printer itself. I clears the entire queue