3mf file in Cura: Why is model not displayed?

terrypin

Posted (edited) · 3mf file in Cura: Why is model not displayed?

I sliced an STL and saved it as gcode as usual. I also then saved it as a 3mf project file. But when I open the 3mf in Cura there is no model displayed. There's a message telling me I need to slice it first - but there is no Slicer button. Where am I going wrong please?

Edited by terrypin

• terrypin changed the title to 3mf file in Cura: Why is model not displayed?
    Posted · 3mf file in Cura: Why is model not displayed?

A screenshot or two of what you see, or a link to the project file would be helpful to see what is going on.

Could it be that you are on the "preview" tab instead of the "prepare" tab?

The project file works for me. In your screenshot, it does not look like the file has been opened; it looks like Cura was started but opening the project file just did not happen.

Have you tried opening the file via File -> Open... (or the folder icon in the top bar underneath the word "Ultimaker")? You can also try dragging the file from file explorer onto the buildplate in the Cura application window.

Posted (edited) · 3mf file in Cura: Why is model not displayed?

No one with any advice please?

EDIT: Sorry ahoeben, I posted that one-line chaser before seeing your reply. (Suspect I have some problem here in Waterfox.)

Tested again and happy to report it did open the project using File -> Open...

Was then about to try opening with a d-click (or Open with...) from File Explorer. (Also first accepted offer to upgrade from 4.8.0 to 4.9.0.) But very pleased to find that the 3mf does nowopen the project.  😉

Edited by terrypin

Did you try any of the things I suggested?

And also post the logs. We should be able to get more info from that.

Yes, many thanks, see my edit a few minutes ago!

Not sure if it's just my using the forum incorrectly or what, but we crossed in the post again!

Thanks again for your patience.

• Like 1