Cura 4.9 doesnt slice

markny

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.9 doesnt slice

I just installed Cura 4.9 on my windows10 pro machine.   I've had Cura 4.8 running just fine until now, so I wanted to use the new cura 4.9

However, once I uninstalled 4.8 and installed version 4.9, I cannot slice anything anymore.  Not even a small 20mm cube stl file.  As I click the Slice button, it stays there forever, as if stuck in an endless loop.

I checked firewall settings (as I saw some posts online hinting to that as the cause) and even set a firewall rule that Opened up cura just in case.

No luck thus far, so I will have to either uninstall 4.9 and go back to 4.8 or find the reason this is happening and a cure to this cura.    I don't think I will be the only one with this issue.  

Hoping for a cure soon.

Thanks

Mike

Edited by markny
wrong wording in sentence

Posted · Cura 4.9 doesnt slice

I am experiencing the same issue and am attaching the log. I was running 4.5 just fine but suddenly it stopped slicing so I updated to version 4.9 but am still unable to slice.  I am running Windows 10.

cura.log

Your firewall is blocking connection to the slicing.

I am having the same issue, I used cura about a month ago and everything was fine, I tried today and nothing will slice, I was using 4.4, Uninstalled it and tried 4.9.1 and the same thing.

3 hours ago, 1207143 said:

I am having the same issue, I used cura about a month ago and everything was fine, I tried today and nothing will slice, I was using 4.4, Uninstalled it and tried 4.9.1 and the same thing.

cura 4_9 log.zip

@1207143 please also share your log file. And give us some more information about OS.

On 5/21/2021 at 3:21 AM, fvrmr said:

@1207143 please also share your log file. And give us some more information about OS. I am running windows 10 in windows 7 compatibility view, ive been using cura for over a year with no issues then all the sudden it just doesn't slice at all, the slice loading bar doesn't move, I was using 4.4 so I removed it and installed 4.9.1 and still the same issue.

cura 4_9 log.zip

Edited by 1207143

Your firewall / VPN is preventing the connection to the engine. Try disabling those (or preferably; add an exception).

I uninstalled the VPN, added exceptions, and even turned the firewall off and it still won't slice 😕

Update!!! Cura is now slicing again!!!

Thank you everyone for your help!!

Edited by 1207143

I have the same issue: Cura won't start slicing.

I am runnig Windows 10, no VPN but with an active firewall (ZoneAlarm).

I have made a minimal logfile here with the following actions done on my part:

• Loaded my model (OK).
    • Rescaled it to 30% (OK).
    • Started slicing (ERROR).

If I have to enable some program in my firewall I would be happy if you could tell me the name of the process / program that I must enable.

cura.log

So, I got Cura to slice by doing this in ZoneAlarm:

1. Disabled MOBILITY - Identity Lock (normaly this is set to Medium).
    2. Disabled Basic Firewall by turning it OFF.
    3. Disabled Application Control by turning it OFF.

Cura was then able to slice. But this is not a satisfactory solution as I expose my computer while doing this.

Could you please consider a better solution?

Edited by NAANsoft

Generally you can tell your firewall what programs to exclude. I don't have experience with doing that, since i'm on Linux

i still have this problem.

cura.log

@Bwijering You have a different problem. It seems that you manually added a printer definition that doesn't work with the version of Cura that you have.

and what do i need to change to get it to work?

stil got the problem with 4.10.0

cura.log

solved the problem

On 5/3/2021 at 4:12 AM, nallath said:

Guys; We need logs if you want us to debug it. I know it sounds a bit cranky, but more "It also happens for me" posts aren't usefull.

Hey, I’m gonna need some help too. I’m gonna give you my logs right now. I’ve been trying to 3-D print the Eiffel Tower 3-D model. It’s STL and yeah it’s not working.

If you're running Cura 4.9, you should upgrade to either the latest version (5.6) or at least to the newest version in the 4.x family, 4.13.1, and see if that fixes your problem.

And if you're not running Cura 4.9... why did you necro an old thread about it?