Change the blinding RED line preview for walls

Mlogue9

Posted · Change the blinding RED line preview for walls

I saw you can modify the theme.json which was great except for little fact it had no effect and I did restart cura and i'm in that color theme per settings. I don't want to have to recompile the whole shebang and maybe the creators are sadistic or pyscho and like that FF00000 shade of red. Doctors wear teal in OR to calm eyes. So is there a way to reset the color for the "Shell" or "Wall" or-sometimes-like-to-confuse-everyone-and-be-called "Skin"? Yes fuzzy skin is a misnomer. Skin is never fuzzy. Walls are-the bright ass red walls. Imagine if a prison or psych ward had red walls like this?

Wow, you really know how to make people want to help you.

You know what? I'm not even going to bother until you cool down and we can talk like adults.

• Like 7

Ok, now that *I* have had a chance to cool off, here's what you can do to change the colors.

Editing theme.json should work and does for me, though I don't recommend it. You would need to edit the correct theme.json file (depending on which theme you use).

The smarter way to do this is to create a new theme based on the theme you currently use, and place it in the configuration folder, NOT the program files. This way the theme will survive reinstalling or upgrading Cura (provided you don't let the uninstaller remove the settings).

1. In Cura, go to Help -> Show configuration folder...
    2. In the folder that opens, locate the themes folder.
    3. Inside the themes folder, create a new folder named "custom_layerview_colors"
    4. Download this theme.json file and put it inside the "custom_layerview_colors" folder you just created (making sure it is named "theme.json")
    5. Restart Cura.
    6. Go to the general preferences, and from the list of themes select the new "Ultimaker Dark custom layerview colors" option.
    7. Restart Cura once more.
    8. Slice a model and switch to the layerview. Skins should now be teal-ish, and all colors less saturated.

The theme.json file I created for you references the Ultimaker Dark theme. If you would like a subtheme based on the regular bright Cura theme, then change line 4 of the theme.json file to reference "cura-light" instead of "cura-dark".

• Like 2

On 5/1/2021 at 10:31 PM, Mlogue9 said:

I saw you can modify the theme.json which was great except for little fact it had no effect and I did restart cura and i'm in that color theme per settings. I don't want to have to recompile the whole shebang and maybe the creators are sadistic or pyscho and like that FF00000 shade of red. Doctors wear teal in OR to calm eyes. So is there a way to reset the color for the "Shell" or "Wall" or-sometimes-like-to-confuse-everyone-and-be-called "Skin"? Yes fuzzy skin is a misnomer. Skin is never fuzzy. Walls are-the bright ass red walls. Imagine if a prison or psych ward had red walls like this?

But we don't want to calm down people, we want to get them excited about 3d printing! /s