Problem with Extruder 1

Posted · Problem with Extruder 1

We have an issue where our printer, since pretty much day 1, will print OK for a while, then it will eject the bowden tube out of the extruder.  I can put it back in and give it a good pull and it feel secure and it will print several prints and do it again.  We are using Ultimaker brand PLA, printing at 220 degrees.  I have tried emailing Ultimaker for support, but have gotten nothing from them yet.  Has anyone had this issue and if so, how did you resolve it?

Posted · Problem with Extruder 1

First off its worth trying to cut off around 4-5mm of the bowden tube on the end where it comes out because they can wear so the collet does not grip right if you remove the bowden alot of cleaning the print cores for EG.

I would also check the collet itself as the teeth can sometimes be worn or damaged, so a new collet could be needed, some people also print a little thicker clip that goes under he collet to make it grip the bowden tigher.