Wiring on nozzle HELP!

skint

Posted · Wiring on nozzle HELP!

Hi All

Can anyone tell me if this little blue square that has broken away from the nozzle block all that is meant to be there?  Assume its meant to be forced and held into the nozzle?

Best way to repair / replace it?

Ta!

20210521_122530.jpg

20210521_122539.jpg

Hi @skint,

I'd never seen such an arrangement for the temp sensor in an UM-2.

I'll guess this is kind of "hack", -in order to avoid open the whole printer in order to change the PT-100 temp sensor.

You have to order a new original PT-100 sensor for the UM-2, this as the sensor come as a complete unit with wiring directly connected to the sensor and a connector in the other end -to be installed into the main PCB (located under the printer).

Did you managed to remove the old PT-100 capsule.

(PS., there is a kind of metal filter seen on one of the cooling fan, never seen this as well -would not this reduce the airflow for cooling the "printing object"?)

Anyway, good luck in changing the temperature sensor..

Thanks

Torgeir

• Thanks 1

Hi Torgier

Thanks.  I was assuming I would have to order the whole part 😞

This is one of the first UM2s. I bought it not long after release date.

I haven't tried removing the PT100 yet. 

The fans were fine.  Intact, until I had a major blockage which caused this damage, this printer has been brilliant for years! 

thanks for your help