is my new print core new

cav

Posted · is my new print core new

I just received a new print core and it looks like its been used, a string of plastic sticking out the silver tube and some dirty marks also inside the silver tube. also some very small marks on the gold connection pads like its been connected before. is this normal are they tested after being made or has someone returned this after using it.

thanks

20210608_163715.jpg

20210608_163650.jpg

Every print core is tested by printing a particular calibration print designed to test the core itself.  They can detect things like the sensor being inaccurate, heater not working, other electronic errors, clogged or partially clogged nozzle, leaks, and probably more.

If there were no indications that the core was used that wold be a red flag.

• Like 2

@cav it's exactly what @gr5 said. All the Print Cores go through physical checks as well as functional tests (including printing with it) at the factory before they ship. A little residual filament in the Print Core is definitely normal. The Print Cores are tested with PLA, so anything that's still in the Print Core will purge out the first time you print with it.

• Like 1