Material Not Selectable on S5 Jabil SEBS 1300 95A

RogueWave

Posted · Material Not Selectable on S5 Jabil SEBS 1300 95A

Jabil is selectable in Cura but does not show on selecting a material on my S5.....there are other third party filament available...uninstalled and installed Jabil but no luck

What's the next step? Thanks

Cura 4.9.1

The printer is reachable via network? Normally Cura sends the material to the printer during startup of Cura. 

You would try if it helps when you slice a project and sent it to the printer. I think then Cura tries also to send the profile to the printer. 

when I try your suggestion warning ATTENTION materials do not match between Cura and printer settings. 

Their is a override box with a warning printer damage possible with wrong confirmation......

Should I OVERRIDE????? 

Have you loaded the material? If so, then yes, no problem.

The material profil in the printer itself is just used during loading (temperature) and during the active leveling when you don't have a material station. All other settings comes from Cura. So even without a material profile you can use any material you want. Just choose the nearest material (temperature wise) during the load process.

But that's more a workaround, it should work out of the box and Cura normally transfers the profile to the printer. But I currently have no more idea why this is not working.

Do you have the latest firmware installed on the printer? And is the firewall option in the printer disabled?

latest firmware installed yesterday and firewall disable

I tried looking for the folder with third party materials and/or Ultimaker's materials but could not....any idea where?

You mean in Cura? It should be in the configuration folder. Go to the help menu in Cura, there should be a item with configuration which opens the folder.

Air Manager on order

no material station 

Went into configuration folder and uninstall Jabil 1300 95A 

Quick Cura

started Cura

message install Jabil and sync

settings, extruder one, and material shows Jabil and others third party materials for the first time 

set up model select Jabil had to over ride warning 

after 10 minutes of printing it stopped indicating empty spool

in fact spool full with no tangles whatsoever material easy to pull out by hand

Resume printing 

Brim printed well and firm to glass plate

but first layer strings with ok adhesion but not smooth

Final surface print very good 

first two photos 

Second print the same model moved to different location on build plate

printer stop again warning empty spool in fact like about 

third photo shows when printing stop

first layer spots pattern no solid lines …..setting in Cura Cubic

using my infrared thermometer, old one, bed temperature of 65C material calls for 70C

Real odd Brim is excellent but first layer is terrible.

B5353F92-5520-4CF0-A623-D6FA37FEA254.thumb.jpeg.6545d19d144914c34a998a67e210d28e.jpegB5353F92-5520-4CF0-A623-D6FA37FEA254.thumb.jpeg.6545d19d144914c34a998a67e210d28e.jpeg08E76574-AC77-4BFE-9047-68C8BC7B7626.thumb.jpeg.3e1c377832d33e4eae7fbc439cef7f8f.jpeg

My supplier gave me a refund on the Jabil SEBS 1300 95A filament

too many odd problems........very glad have a excellent S5 machine which narrows down the problem to others

Hats Off to development team