Bichon Frise Dog Urn

cloakfiend

Posted · Bichon Frise Dog Urn

Hi all,

Havent posted in a while due to taking a bit of time out during covid, but now am back and more motivated than ever hopefully, Just finished this off for a friend, and the compartment was a last minute addition, just drilled out and slotted in, I havent made many functioning parts but it works well and the tolerance is so tight inside that the pot slides out like the lid of a new iphone box, smooooothly. So satisfying. Ill post a quick vid soon, but have already given the it to the new owner and not taken enough photos lol. Not sure how much ashes actually go in an urn so maybe if more are needed for future models I will have to find that out! But I its ok for at least a bit.

the pics below.

White gloss spray paint btw.

20210629_080157.thumb.jpeg.d8197e19046ac878f468e02382c44864.jpeg

20210629_081448.thumb.jpg.696916ce1be7d4282f8b77c00b0fa2f8.jpg

20210629_080208.thumb.jpg.4bd9dd40a29a3bedfb15ab6281adb90f.jpg

20210629_080257.thumb.jpg.09624c1e00120ec9cfea1fb3dc95afdb.jpg20210629_084854.thumb.jpeg.810fb0dcdd968bc4ee0fedd8d4482bb5.jpeg

20210629_081448.jpg

20210629_080208.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks,

Yes the white gloss came out well, just was not so shiny in a few places, I think that overspraying after touches dulled areas. Weird, maybe i didnt shake the can enough! I'll know for next time!

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

Very nice and looks more than a porcelan model than a 3D printed one.

totally agree! I wouldn't say it was 3D printed based on the photos. Well done! A sad reason to have a 3D print made, but I don't think it could have come out any better. 

• Like 1

Thanks! I'm super happy with it and its not my dog so im cool with it. Good practice of modelling from photos. It was still alive when i first made it, but reprinting it much larger gave me the chance to fix some modelling errors that bugged me.

Good old acetone to smooth the PLA PHA first always helps! Even though it was too hot and humid when i was applying it and will dunk in future as its way more effective. 

Burr tools used to cut away my manual supports. Saved me 9hrs of printing time.