Files saving in cura as ufp instead of g code

figthecat

Posted · Files saving in cura as ufp instead of g code

Hi there,

Up until yesterday I have been 3d printing using Cura. I have a Geeetech A10.

Today, Cura updated and now the files are being sliced and saved in a different format. They save to my SD card, but are not recognized by my printer when SD card is inserted. 

Previously, files were saved with the prefix "CFFFP". Now they save as "UMS5". They also seem to be saving as UFP format instead of g code. 

I am super to new to 3d printing and not particularly tech savvy, so any advice would be incredibly helpful and VERY appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted · Files saving in cura as ufp instead of g code

Probably most of us don't understand Russian 😉

on the right, you can choose to save to disk and there you already take the .gsode extension
    Windows 10.

Don't think that is the problem/solution... Since the prefix changed, check if the right printer is selected and if the options of that printer are still correct!

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Files saving in cura as ufp instead of g code
    On 6/30/2021 at 9:04 PM, figthecat said:

Now they save as "UMS5"

This is an indication of what you did wrong. When you updated, you added a new printer. Instead of selecting the Geetech (or Custom FFF Printer) from the list of printers to add, you selected an Ultimaker S5. The Ultimaker S5 uses the UFP file format to add a thumbnail to the gcode. The Geetech does not understand that file format.

Add a new printer to Cura, and take care NOT to select the Ultimaker S5 as the type of printer from the list.

Edited by ahoeben