Can't Upload Firmware!

Posted (edited) · Can't Upload Firmware!

Hello,

I'm trying to upload new firmware (Through Cura) to two of my printers (Any Cubic X and Artillery Sidewinder X1) but for The Any Cubic X my computer won't recognize the USB device and for the Artillery I get: Firmware update failed due to a communication error.  

All my drivers are up to date and the com port shows up on Device Manager. I also tried different cables and different USB ports on my computer but nothing seems to work.

I've update the firmware on these printers before through Cura, but all of a sudden I can't. 

I need the firmwares on the printers because I'm replacing the fried Motherboard on my Any Cubic X and it needs the firmware in order to work. 

My Artillery resets mid-print and I can't resume the part (It gives me a resume error) so I'm hoping if I update the firmware it will solve the problem.  

Can anyone help me solve this frustrating issue?

Thanks in advance.  

Edited by classified

Posted · Can't Upload Firmware!

I never used the USB function of Cura and the implementation of it quite old and wasn't touched for years, because Ultimaker printers don't need USB connectivity and printing via USB is also not the best idea.

Regarding your problem, what's the official way from your vendor to update the firmware? I guess they provide a tool to update the firmware?

Any other 3rd party software you can use to update your printer?

Ultimaker Cura needs a functioning firmware on the printer in order to update the firmware. If there is no connection between the printer and Cura, then Cura will not be able to flash the firmware.

• Like 1

Thanks. The XLoader software worked for the motherboard, but I still get get the firmware on my Artillery printer. I keep getting a communications error. Any ideas of what could be causing this? Thanks.