Configurations: Insert Noze 1.2mm

rl_noronha

Posted · Configurations: Insert Noze 1.2mm

Hello everyone, how have you been?

I have a question to solve that do not find nothing on net to resolve.

I really have a NOZE of 1.2mm to place on extuder, and I use Cura on Ender 3 with Marlin software to slice.

The problem is, my CURA don't have a preset noze of 1.2mm aloyed and i do not find where is the place to insert this.

My cura is the last lauched version.

can anyone helps me explainning how to insert it?!

Above th prints of mi settings machine.

NZ 3.png

NZ 2.png

NZ 1.png

If a specific nozzle size is available or not, depends on your printer profile. The one who created the profile just configured nozzles up to 1mm but not more.

But you can also just set the line width to 1.2 which should do the same, regardless of the selected nozzle size from the drop down.

Each nozzle has a file in "resources\variants".  You can copy one of the Ender 3 nozzle files, rename it to match the naming format, and change a couple of lines in the file using Notepad.  Next time you start Cura it should be present in the dropdown list.  Be careful when altering the file as Python is fussy about punctuation and spacing.  If you get a " corrupt file" warning, c!ose that warning, get out of Cura, and try again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies