Cura Fails to connect to S5

Pena

Posted · Cura Fails to connect to S5

Hey guys,

Is anyone having issues with the Cura software connecting to the Ultimaker S5 printer? I see my printer is available on the digital factory in standby, but Cura won't locate it. I have the S5 attached using my Ethernet and it provides an IP address. So I tried adding it using the IP and it will snap a quick glimpse of the S5 then disappear. I was finally able to get it all connected after several reboots.   

YES! It's such a hassle to reconnect my s5 whenever it loses power or connection. It used to find the printer on it's own through Cura but now I have to go through the digital factory every time. The problem is when I log into my digital factory account it says that I am connected to the S5 but in Cura it shows nothing. Connecting via I.P. address doesn't work either. When you say reboots do you mean your printer or cura software? 

• Like 1

Log files from Cura could help figuring out what is going on.

Note that there is a difference between connecting Cura with the printer and connecting the printer with DF (and then connecting Cura with DF). The connection with DF is likely more stable / reliable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nallath said:

Log files from Cura could help figuring out what is going on.

Note that there is a difference between connecting Cura with the printer and connecting the printer with DF (and then connecting Cura with DF). The connection with DF is likely more stable / reliable.

Yes, I have no problem connecting the printer to DF. Its connecting that to Cura that's the issue 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 6:23 PM, Jman15x said:

Yes, I have no problem connecting the printer to DF. Its connecting that to Cura that's the issue 

So if you log in in cura, that's when the printer doesn't show up?

• 10 months later...
    Posted (edited) · Cura Fails to connect to S5

The printer is showing up however the Camera function isn't available. The only access to the printer's camera is by way of using DF. 

Edited by Pena