Source for Ultimaker S5 Bowden tube retention collets.

Sparky80

Posted · Source for Ultimaker S5 Bowden tube retention collets.

So I've started to have problems with my two Ultimaker S5s not feeding and jamming up. According to what I see online this is down to damage to and movement in the Bowden tubes. As such I need to buy new tubes and new retention collets. Does anyone know where in the UK I can get these as there seems to be a lot of spares for lower numbers of Ultimakers online but very little for the S5. 

Hi @Sparky80, thank you for your message. It could be due to damage in the bowden tube, but it could have other reasons as well. Can you detect anything else as why it is jamming? It could also be because your print core is getting clogged, filament grinding or when your front fan is not working when printing it can not cool the print core sufficiently, and this could result to your filament expanding and forming a blob that prevents further filament to be pushed into the print core. 

Checking if the cable is loose, pinched or when small strings of filament are blocking the fan to spin, would be my first suggestion to check. Or otherwise find another clue whether it actually is your bowden tube or not. Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, SandervG said:

Hi @Sparky80, thank you for your message. It could be due to damage in the bowden tube, but it could have other reasons as well. Can you detect anything else as why it is jamming? It could also be because your print core is getting clogged, filament grinding or when your front fan is not working when printing it can not cool the print core sufficiently, and this could result to your filament expanding and forming a blob that prevents further filament to be pushed into the print core. 

Checking if the cable is loose, pinched or when small strings of filament are blocking the fan to spin, would be my first suggestion to check. Or otherwise find another clue whether it actually is your bowden tube or not. Hope this helps!

Hello SandervG,

Thanks for your response. I was originally concerned it might be the core not getting to temperature, but I've replaced it with a new core and the problem still occurs. The front fan appears to be working when the printer is running as I regularly clean the filaments of material out of it. The Bowden has a little external damage and the tube has, on occasion, been pushed out of the feeder by the force of the jammed filament. I'm willing to explore other solutions but thus far the damaged Bowden tube and collets seem to be the most likely at this point. I would already have replaced them all if I could find somewhere that sells them.