Ultimaker 3 Extended - Having to Manually level nearly every print. " Nozzle Offset Probe Failed".

undertone_dj

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 3 Extended - Having to Manually level nearly every print. " Nozzle Offset Probe Failed".

Lately, when I print, about 1 in 3 prints fails before it starts.  I get the error:  "nozzle offset probe failed please check the nozzles and bed and try again.".  Once this occurs, it will fail with the same error every time.

I've tried:
-Turning the printer off and on.

-Update Cura.

-Update the Firmware.

-Grease and Lube.

Calibrated the B nozzle lift arm.

-Cleaned the plate.
-Manual leveling (works, for another print or two).

-Lower the plate, closer to it's bracket.

I've tried this proposed fix:

Manual leveling seems to be the only thing that pushes me through this, and gets "the next" print working, but it will inevitably fail again in just a couple of prints, back to square one. 

I've thought of disabling active leveling altogether.  I see that you can not do this on an S5, I'm not sure about my 3Extended.

I don't really use the second print head, I wish I could take that out of the equation.

Any advice, appreciated.

Edited by undertone_dj

• undertone_dj changed the title to Ultimaker 3 Extended - Having to Manually level nearly every print. " Nozzle Offset Probe Failed".
    Posted · Ultimaker 3 Extended - Having to Manually level nearly every print. " Nozzle Offset Probe Failed".
    1 hour ago, undertone_dj said:

I've thought of disabling active leveling altogether.  I see that you can not do this on an S5, I'm not sure about my 3Extended.

Thats much easier than with the S-Line printers, you can disable the active leveling directly from the printers menu. Set the interval to none and you are fine. In my opinion there is no need for active leveling with that size of print bed. Just keep in mind to do a manual leveling when you change the glass plate.

The capacitive sensor is very sensitive and there are several reasons why the leveling could fail.

• Connection problem, check the white and red wire when you open the print head. 
    • Check the connector on the back side of the print head and reseat it
    • Check íf the front fan wires are damaged
    • the distance between the two plates of the print bed should be round about 14mm
    • EMF noise from other devices near the printer