Ultimaker 2+Connect & Air Manager.. does nothing

StephanK

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 2+Connect & Air Manager.. does nothing

Ok, so I decided to finally add my Air Manager that has been sitting in its box for a while to my UM2+C. 

Maybe that was a bad idea. The printer has been printing flawless the last month or two, until I added the Air Manager. 

I am on latest Firmware 1.50.

When I check the Diagnostics page on the printer, it reports Air Manager present, shows 23°C as ambient temperature (close enough) and I can turn the fan on and off. 

I started up Cura, sliced a test cube and tried to print using the Print via Cloud Option, as usual.. Looked good, nothing abnormal.. Cura says it uploaded the file successfully, but nothing happened. Print never started. The printer status remained "idle", regardless what I tried to do, no prints would start. Eventually after messing around for a while not getting anywhere, I decided to remove the printer from Cura, disconnect it from the Digital factory, delete the printer from digital factory.. and added everything back in.

Good news: it is now printing again.

Bad news: Air Manager does absolutely nothing. Fan is not spinning. 

Do I have to tell Cura that the Air Manager has been installed?

I noticed that in Cura > Machine settings the box for Heated Chamber is not checked. Do I need to check this?
I also noticed a checkbox "Chamber Loop" in the Cooling section. Am I supposed to check this box?

Anybody got a clue what I am supposed to do?

Edited by StephanK

Posted · Ultimaker 2+Connect & Air Manager.. does nothing

Hmm? I have an UM2+C but no AirManager. But I got the AirManager for my S5 later and I just installed it and haven't changed any additional settings in Cura, it was just working.

Not very helpful in your case but maybe a hint that you don't have to activate it initially, at least not for the S-Line printers.