Manually setting up build bed temp

Pitt_Rad

Posted · Manually setting up build bed temp

I am trying to dry printer filament. I need to set the build plate temp to 80C for 10 hrs and place the filament in the printer. However i don't see any settings to manually set the temp or time. Is this possible? Is there another way i can dry filaments without purchasing an oven? Thanks

Material - Fibretuff 2

Machine - Ultimaker S5 pro bundle 

Oh.  Well it's good to go through all the menus on the S5 just to see what is where.  There's some good features hidden all around.

I recommend unspooling several meters of filament and placing the spool on top of the unspooled filament.  Unspool the amount you expect to need to use (cura can tell you how many meters your print will need in the bottom right corner - among other places).

• 1 year later...

I would think that covering the filament with a heat proof cover would work well for this.  I hadn't thought of this, but this is a very good idea.  And, a related use - I am going to try to anneal a small PA6-CF part but turning the bed temperature to 80 degrees for six hours after covering the part with a heat proof cover.