Irregular top surface with 4.111

twiereng

Posted · Irregular top surface with 4.111

I'm getting odd patterns on the top surface of models. If this is an artifact I created it certainly is odd. The area is zig-zag and I note that there are red external wall layers inside. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Theron Wierenga

Image1.jpg

Posted · Irregular top surface with 4.111

It's in the model.  This is with Top Layer Only displayed in the Cura preview.  I would have to say that Cura is "faithfully reproducing" the model.  You can see that this artifact appears on layer 266 but the real clue is on layer 262 where Cura leaves a hole in the surface for when this artifact shows up.

There is another area like this at the back of the model but that 2nd area is inset into the surface.  I have it high-lighted in the PrusaSlicer screenshot.

Sketchup is notorious for leaving artifacts and for surfaces facing the wrong way.  This model is complicated and you did a nice job putting it together and there aren't many errors.  If you view it in "X-Ray View" you will see one.  The error doesn't seem to have anything to do with this area though.  These modeling errors should be easy to fix in SketchUp.

Untitled.thumb.png.5ccc2e34a47f11c989dfcb31c59b0f1b.png

This is the same model (after repair) sliced in PrusaSlicer.

Untitled1.thumb.png.6aed5638c26ffd9fc46df95c4bbe2ff6.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies