HELP!

Gradyw00

Hi! I've been 3d printing for about 2 years now and only have used Blender (version 2.91 I believe) and Ultimaker Cura (now version 4.11) for all my prints, but recently when I go to print out a new mold my printer only prints in a zig-zag in the same spot. I let it go for a minute or so but it still was doing the same spot. I've tried a old test gcode I made to level my bed and that works fine. I'm not sure if it is something i have done to my settings, or if this was an update on either program, help would be greatly appreciated!!

When you open a gcode file in Cura it uses a separate plugin to read it.  It has no idea how it was created so you really get a true view so long as Arcwelder wasn't used (Cura can't display G2/G3 moves).

You could post the gcode here too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · HELP!

I win!!  (Wait - wrong thread, same problem)

;FLAVOR:Marlin
    ;TIME:2450
    ;Filament used: 3.48172m
    ;Layer height: 0.15
    ;MINX:-11.799
    ;MINY:-11.799
    ;MINZ:0.2
    ;MAXX:11.799
    ;MAXY:11.799
    ;MAXZ:57.05

Notice how the MinX and MaxX are centered around ZERO.  You have "Origin at Center" checked in the Machine Settings.  The printer is trying to get to negative numbers but it just can't.  De-select that.

Untitled.thumb.png.163ba24ac639abe7e8706bcce92bdd08.png

And here is how it is trying to print.  As I say, when you open a Gcode with Cura it is a true representation (sans G2/G3 moves) of the print.

Untitled1.thumb.png.4a2abb55fc5aa93fbd4e587a588cac09.png

The origin of Delta printers is often at the center of the build surface.  The origin of 99% of cartesian printers (like mine, and I assume yours) have the origin at the left front corner.  Cura has to be told the correct information about your printer or you will get things like this.

There is an M420 line in your StartUp Gcode.  What printer do you have and does it have ABL?

Edited by GregValiant
    • Like 1

I have a JG Aurora JGmaker Magic and it doesn't have abl, ill try unchecking the origin at center and run a test and let you know how it plays out! Thank you so much you are a gentleman and a scholar my sir

Hi! I've been 3D printing for about two years now, and have learned a lot from it. I only use Blender and Ultimaker Cura (version 4.11) for my print jobs. Recently when I go to print out a new mold my printer only prints in a zig-zag in the same spot. I let it go for a minute or so but it still was doing the same spot. I've tried a old test gcode I made to level my bed, but that doesn't work either. It comes up with the message "The configuration is incorrect" after doing an experiment where I replaced one pin on the extruders with an inline spark(which form blenders default extruder distance). Is this jpg to pdf something i have done to my settings, or if this was an update on either program, help would be greatly appreciated!!

"It comes up with the message "The configuration is incorrect" after doing an experiment where I replaced one pin on the extruders with an inline spark(which form blenders default extruder distance)"

I don't understand.

What printer?

Where does the message appear?  On the printer LCD?  In Cura on the computer?

How are you printing...SD card, USB, Octoprint/RaspPI?

"Replaced one pin on the extruders"  You have more than one extruder?  What is a "pin"?

"inline spark"  I have no idea what that is.

"which form blenders default extruder distance".  I don't understand that one either.

Did you check that the X and Y motors are connected correctly?

• Like 1