New top/bottom pattern - Hilbert Curve

Ch3vr0n

Posted · New top/bottom pattern - Hilbert Curve

After trying PrusaSlicer for a while, i'm moving back to cura. I just prefer it over PS. But if there's one thing i loved while tinkering with prusaslicer is this awesome top/bottom patternt it has. It's called "Hilbert Curve". Looks like the image below. This is a mesmerizing thing to watch getting get laid down, and the final result is just as mesmerizing. Any chance this can get added?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilbert_curve

afbeelding.png.46faa299e3b1205470bc44094802fc46.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · New top/bottom pattern - Hilbert Curve

In Cura by ultimaker I don't know, But in Cura in my opinion there is about 100% chance as it already exists.

image.thumb.png.f596f5220253697062787cb438d832bf.png

Edited by Cuq

5 hours ago, nallath said:

It's in a fork of Cura (so not the one provided by Ultimaker)

So am i asking this in the wrong place? I don't think so, cause i grabbed Cura from the main ultimaker.com site. Is there any way this can get added to the UM Cura?

On 10/29/2021 at 6:07 PM, Ch3vr0n said:

So am i asking this in the wrong place? I don't think so, cause i grabbed Cura from the main ultimaker.com site. Is there any way this can get added to the UM Cura?

No, you are asking it in the right place.

Anyhow; We haven't looked at porting the hilbert curve over to our version of Cura. If someone feels like it, we would more than welcome a Pull request that does that. It would greatly improve the chances of it ending up in a future version of Cura!

1 hour ago, Ch3vr0n said:

Point me to the correct github location and i'll make an issue / PR

This is the version of the engine with the curves:
    https://github.com/smartavionics/CuraEngine/tree/mb-master

This is the Ultimaker version of the repo
    https://github.com/ultimaker/CuraEngine/

can't figure out how to make a PR, is an issue ok?

Just now, Ch3vr0n said:

can't figure out how to make a PR, is an issue ok?

Feature requests are always okay, but the more work it takes, the less likely it is that we will actually have the time to do it. Making this PR would require a fair amount of technical skill and I expect that it would also take a few hours to port things as well.