One infill line is printed multiple times

tim_t

Posted · One infill line is printed multiple times

Hello,

In my gcode I have the weirdest issue were Cura prints one infill line multiple times with full flow, so it leads to a big overextrusion problem. I don't think I can show a video, but I can show it in the gcode:

image.png.a7354bf609786007b15e01fb47632cb1.png

It goes over (slightly) the same lines multiple times, which is surely not necessary. I created my slice model by adding a block in my stl file, and modyfing the settings for overlap (I changed infill and number of top/bottom layers). However this should not lead to this strange result. Does anyone know what to do with this, and how to detect this/prevent this before printing?

Thanks in advance!

weird_infill.3mf

Here is the 3mf file. You should shift it maybe a little bit so it fits within the build volume in order to slice it.

The weird thing happens in the middle circle in the infill lines. So layer 80 or layer 60 or which layer you prefer where it prints the infill circle in the middle. 

I kind of understand the slice program, because I changed the infill density from 20% to 80%, so it goes over the lines 4 times instead of 1. But this leads to overextrusion in the print, while it should just make more triangles.

Thanks in advance!

That model hates "Cubic Subdivision" infill.  Grid and Triangles and a couple of others looked good, but I'm not sure what you are looking for.

That mesh modifier you have over the "smoke stack" is better at 22 x 22 and moved a bit.  It's cutting off a piece of the stack.

The large mesh modifier doesn't appear to have any settings enabled.

• Thanks 1

Ah oke thank you, I will from now on print with another infill pattern so this problem will not arise again. It is still vague why some infill pattern do work while others don't work. Perhaps this is not added in the code yet.

Anyhow thank you for your time and for you answers!!