Simulation view crash in 4.11 4.12 (and problems in 4.10)

BigBlue

Posted (edited) · Simulation view crash in 4.11 4.12 (and problems in 4.10)

Simulation view is crashing Cura in 4.11 and 4.12. It does not crash 4.10, but the object remains shadowed transparent like it had not been sliced.

I copied the simulation view plugin from 4.9 over the 4.12 plugin and that lets me at least see a preview. XRAY mode still works when I disable the plugin from the marketplace.

Crashing occurs whether a STL is on the build plate or not, and whether it is sliced or not. I simply can't open the mode.

Because of the mention of the extruder settings in the bug report, I suspected it was an issue with my custom printer so I did a clean re-install of 4.12 and selected a default Ultimaker printer. This did not fix the problem.

I am now thinking something in 4.10+ is just not playing nice with my graphics card. This machine is using an AMD Radeon HD 6700 (which runs solidworks great).

I searched the github and the forums and did not see anyone else having this exact issue.

Any insight would be most welcome!

Edited by BigBlue

Posted · Simulation view crash in 4.11 4.12 (and problems in 4.10)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Users\ultimaker\AppData\Local\Temp\cura-build-4.11-exe\build\inst\lib\python3.8\site-packages\UM\Qt\Bindings\MainWindow.py", line 255, in _render
      File "C:\Users\ultimaker\AppData\Local\Temp\cura-build-4.11-exe\build\inst\lib\python3.8\site-packages\UM\Qt\QtRenderer.py", line 163, in render
      File "C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 4.11.0\plugins\SimulationView\SimulationPass.py", line 65, in render
        self._layer_shader.setUniformValue("u_active_extruder", float(max(0, self._extruder_manager.activeExtruderIndex)))
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'setUniformValue'
    Thread 0x000012d0 (most recent call first):
      File "threading.py", line 306 in wait
      File "zeroconf\__init__.py", line 2534 in wait
      File "zeroconf\__init__.py", line 1715 in run
      File "threading.py", line 932 in _bootstrap_inner
      File "threading.py", line 890 in _bootstrap

Thread 0x00001180 (most recent call first):
      File "threading.py", line 306 in wait
      File "threading.py", line 558 in wait
      File "C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 4.11.0\plugins\UM3NetworkPrinting\src\Network\ZeroConfClient.py", line 81 in _handleOnServiceChangedRequests
      File "threading.py", line 870 in run

Thread 0x000012bc (most recent call first):
      File "zeroconf\__init__.py", line 1369 in run

Thread 0x00000ad8 (most recent call first):
      File "C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 4.11.0\plugins\RemovableDriveOutputDevice\RemovableDrivePlugin.py", line 61 in _updateThread

Thread 0x00001214 (most recent call first):
      File "C:\Users\ultimaker\AppData\Local\Temp\cura-build-4.11-exe\build\inst\lib\python3.8\site-packages\UM\Backend\Backend.py", line 165 in _storeStderrToLogThread

Thread 0x00000e54 (most recent call first):
      File "C:\Users\ultimaker\AppData\Local\Temp\cura-build-4.11-exe\build\inst\lib\python3.8\site-packages\UM\Backend\Backend.py", line 153 in _storeOutputToLogThread

Thread 0x000011a8 (most recent call first):
      File "threading.py", line 302 in wait
      File "threading.py", line 433 in acquire
      File "C:\Users\ultimaker\AppData\Local\Temp\cura-build-4.11-exe\build\inst\lib\python3.8\site-packages\UM\JobQueue.py", line 98 in _nextJob
      File "C:\Users\ultimaker\AppData\Local\Temp\cura-build-4.11-exe\build\inst\lib\python3.8\site-packages\UM\JobQueue.py", line 124 in run

Thread 0x00000cc0 (most recent call first):
      File "C:\Users\ultimaker\AppData\Local\Temp\cura-build-4.11-exe\build\inst\lib\python3.8\site-packages\UM\JobQueue.py", line 98 in _nextJob
      File "C:\Users\ultimaker\AppData\Local\Temp\cura-build-4.11-exe\build\inst\lib\python3.8\site-packages\UM\JobQueue.py", line 124 in run

Thread 0x00000a00 (most recent call first):

Current thread 0x00001104 (most recent call first):
      File "C:\Users\ultimaker\AppData\Local\Temp\cura-build-4.11-exe\build\inst\lib\python3.8\site-packages\cura\CrashHandler.py", line 396 in _logInfoWidget
      File "C:\Users\ultimaker\AppData\Local\Temp\cura-build-4.11-exe\build\inst\lib\python3.8\site-packages\cura\CrashHandler.py", line 182 in _createDialog
      File "C:\Users\ultimaker\AppData\Local\Temp\cura-build-4.11-exe\build\inst\lib\python3.8\site-packages\cura\CrashHandler.py", line 86 in __init__
      File "C:\Users\ultimaker\AppData\Local\Temp\cura-build-4.11-exe\build\inst\bin\cura_app.py", line 159 in exceptHook
      File "C:\Users\ultimaker\AppData\Local\Temp\cura-build-4.11-exe\build\inst\lib\python3.8\site-packages\cura\CrashHandler.py", line 452 in _show
      File "C:\Users\ultimaker\AppData\Local\Temp\cura-build-4.11-exe\build\inst\lib\python3.8\site-packages\UM\Event.py", line 218 in call
      File "C:\Users\ultimaker\AppData\Local\Temp\cura-build-4.11-exe\build\inst\lib\python3.8\site-packages\UM\Qt\QtApplication.py", line 479 in event
      File "C:\Users\ultimaker\AppData\Local\Temp\cura-build-4.11-exe\build\inst\lib\python3.8\site-packages\cura\CuraApplication.py", line 1090 in event
      File "C:\Users\ultimaker\AppData\Local\Temp\cura-build-4.11-exe\build\inst\lib\python3.8\site-packages\cura\CrashHandler.py", line 452 in _show
      File "C:\Users\ultimaker\AppData\Local\Temp\cura-build-4.11-exe\build\inst\lib\python3.8\site-packages\UM\Event.py", line 218 in call
      File "C:\Users\ultimaker\AppData\Local\Temp\cura-build-4.11-exe\build\inst\lib\python3.8\site-packages\UM\Qt\QtApplication.py", line 479 in event
      File "C:\Users\ultimaker\AppData\Local\Temp\cura-build-4.11-exe\build\inst\lib\python3.8\site-packages\cura\CuraApplication.py", line 1090 in event
      File "C:\Users\ultimaker\AppData\Local\Temp\cura-build-4.11-exe\build\inst\lib\python3.8\site-packages\UM\Qt\QtApplication.py", line 393 in exec_
      File "C:\Users\ultimaker\AppData\Local\Temp\cura-build-4.11-exe\build\inst\lib\python3.8\site-packages\cura\CuraApplication.py", line 867 in run
      File "C:\Users\ultimaker\AppData\Local\Temp\cura-build-4.11-exe\build\inst\bin\cura_app.py", line 233 in <module>
      File "Console.py", line 36 in run
      File "__startup__.py", line 74 in run

I'm getting the same thing, my post is actually above this one in the forum.

Only when I go to view the sliced .STL it comes up with the error panel, I send it every time, then the program closes.

So no way to preview your sliced item.

On 11/12/2021 at 4:07 AM, BigBlue said:

I searched the github and the forums and did not see anyone else having this exact issue.

Fantastic that you did 😄 But could you also report the issue on github (since it's not there yet).

I've briefly glanced over the log (very briefly, mind you) and i'm a bit suprised that it's crashing there. So if you add it to github, I'd love to have a more in depth look at it.

I was ABOUT to do just that, but I was not honestly sure if it was github worthy or not. I thought maybe there was something obvious I was missing.

So, consider it done!

Here is a link to the github:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/10837

• Like 1

Problem solved!

Follow the github link above to see fieldofview's great fix.

Thanks!

• Like 1