Transferring print profiles to next version

tvthiel

Posted (edited) · Transferring print profiles to next version

Hi,

I would like to upgrade from 4.11 to 4.12 but there is one structural problem with new Cura versions. There is a lot of complaining about it, but Ultimaker seems to neglect that. What's my problem? How the f* do I transfer dozens of printptrofiles to the next version without several hours of work doing exports (and retyping the profile name for each profile) and imports on my new version and/or the next/new computer?

I currently have a Creality CR6-SE and I'm considering a new printer. (Actually I want to start a 3D print shop.) I really do like the Ultimaker printers, but looking at the troubles I have with each next version of Cura.... and/or a new/additional computer? Well... stone age practices. Really hate this part of Cura. Is there a simple solution??? If not I'm going for a Prusa3D for my next printer.

I asked Mr Google, but there seems to be no smooth solution. (Or didn't I ask the right question???)

Hope someone has a nice solution...

Tom...

Edited by tvthiel

Posted · Transferring print profiles to next version
    On 11/12/2021 at 6:16 PM, tvthiel said:

Hi,

I would like to upgrade from 4.11 to 4.12 but there is one structural problem with new Cura versions. There is a lot of complaining about it, but Ultimaker seems to neglect that. What's my problem? How the f* do I transfer dozens of printptrofiles to the next version without several hours of work doing exports (and retyping the profile name for each profile) and imports on my new version and/or the next/new computer?

I currently have a Creality CR6-SE and I'm considering a new printer. (Actually I want to start a 3D print shop.) I really do like the Ultimaker printers, but looking at the troubles I have with each next version of Cura.... and/or a new/additional computer? Well... stone age practices. Really hate this part of Cura. Is there a simple solution??? If not I'm going for a Prusa3D for my next printer.

I asked Mr Google, but there seems to be no smooth solution. (Or didn't I ask the right question???)

Hope someone has a nice solution...

Tom...

It automatically does that (or well, it should...) . I don't know why it doesn't for you, but maybe I can find something in your log files that indicate what is going wrong.

Posted · Transferring print profiles to next version

One thing to pay attention to is that when installing a new version of Cura, it will ask you if you want to uninstall the previous version(s). If you choose to uninstall the previous version, the uninstaller will ask you if you want to remove the settings of that previous version. If you let the uninstaller remove your settings, there is nothing left for Cura to upgrade to the new version.

DO NOT let the uninstaller remove your settings if you want to use your settings and profiles in the new version!

READ what the installer is asking you instead of just "clicking through".