Batch slicing stl files. Batch generating gcode files

Murmur

Posted · Batch slicing stl files. Batch generating gcode files

Hello

Is there an extension or configuration I could use to batch generate gcode files from a number of stl files.

The optimum solution for me would be to point Cura to a folder of stl files and the program would slice each one using the settings in the project I currently have open and save a gcode file for each either to the same or different folder.

using CuraEngine 

CuraEngine slice -v -j ../Cura/resources/definitions/dual_extrusion_printer.def.json -o "output/test.gcode" -e1 -s infill_line_distance=0 -e0 -l "/model_1.stl" -e1 -l "fully_filled_model.stl" 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
    On 11/14/2021 at 11:07 PM, Cuq said:

using CuraEngine 

CuraEngine slice -v -j ../Cura/resources/definitions/dual_extrusion_printer.def.json -o "output/test.gcode" -e1 -s infill_line_distance=0 -e0 -l "/model_1.stl" -e1 -l "fully_filled_model.stl" 

Hi CUQ, thank you to give this direction.

I'm trying to use cura in batch, embedded in an optimization loop.

I have cura 5.3.1, it seems to me that the directories are not the same like your post. 

I'm using a Creality Ender-3 S1 Pro.

I would like to create gcode from stl files exported from a CAD sw (Siemens NX).

This stl file is automatically generated from the optimizer (Heeds) changing some variables.

I would need to lunch cura for each of these stl file that will be created in a dedicated directory for each individual design (all this is created automatically by the optimizer).

I need to be able to lunch cura engine for each design in order to obtain a gcode in that directory.

2023-09-0508_42_03-Batchslicingstlfiles.Batchgeneratinggcodefiles-UltiMakerCura-UltiMak.thumb.png.d2208aa67bf2794defa6cc1cfe685536.png

Posted (edited) · Batch slicing stl files. Batch generating gcode files

Yes in 5.X it's now :

.\share\cura\resources

Note form the CuraEngine Help message :

In order to load machine definitions from custom locations, you need to create the environment variable CURA_ENGINE_SEARCH_PATH, which should contain all search paths delimited by a (semi-)colon.

Other topic on this subject :

Edited by Cuq

I've found it.

C:\Program Files\UltiMaker Cura 5.3.1\share\cura\resources\definitions

in my case (ender3S1pro)

Curaengine slice -v -j creality_ender3s1pro.def.json

pay attention: you need to define a new environment variable

2023-09-0509_54_02-EnvironmentVariables.thumb.png.611e980972fcf0542ad28fc349702c5e.png

sorry, just after your answer. Thank you Cuq