Cura 14.01 layer preview bug

ct4

Posted · Cura 14.01 layer preview bug

Not too sure if this is a bug but When I previewed layers in Cura version 12 the image moved off the build plate and displayed in the lower left corner, In version 13 the layer did not move from the center of the build plate and just showed the layers...Great! Now in version 14 it is back in the lower left corner again. Not a problem if I could slide the image over but all I can do is get it to rotate and zoom around center. Am I doing something wrong, and is there a way to slide the image around on the screen. I have attached a couple of screen grabs to show what I mean.Thanks

1401_zps4fc52b6c.jpg1312_zpsa8d913da.jpg

So...

What kind of printer is this? You have it configured for center to be at "0,0" in machine settings. I assume you don't have an ultimaker because the ultimaker center is at 100,100 (roughly).

This is a bug in layer view. I don't know what the workaround is. I suppose you could lie and uncheck the 0,0 box in machine settings, look at it in layer view until you are happy, then check the box again and DON'T LOOK at layer view. :)

Same problem here.

Tried to use Cura to add brims to my object in order to prevent warping on an Makerbot Replicator 2x. After added the printer from the machine settings menu, the layers preview moves the object outside the platform. Playing with the settings I found out that the object goes back to the center of the platform when you change the GCode Flavor to UltiGCode. So it seems that Cura has the Makerbot Flavor wrong. Tried to use UltiGCode but it confuses my Makerbot. Any solution to this?

It should slice the object fine and print it fine, it just displays it wrong. This is a known bug and will hopefully get fixed soon. So uncheck the "center at (0,0)" setting so you can look at it in layer view and then if it looks good, check the box again and the resulting gcode should be fine.