No Support under Bridges

mkaj2019

Posted · No Support under Bridges

Do you guys know, if there is an option where cura does not stupidly puts support under bridges? It is so annoying to always add dozens of support blocker because the miniumum support xy distance, minimum support area etc are not helping at all. 

This is always a problem if I need to support small surfaces but have larger surfaces that can be completely bridged. It takes me forever to manually fix the support if I have multiple parts on my S5 print surface.

image.thumb.png.6475d19c9aeb6099c4706ae04cb2b63d.png

image.thumb.png.58f89d3e6c69f9af63031abefb124d8a.png

Why are the support structures on the right so huge without supporting anything?

This is how I need it, and how I should be able to automatically generate it:

image.thumb.png.7287a9950b66195b463f1ba8046d0421.png

I can only get this result after carefully placing support blockers. An because the part has new iterations, with small changes all the time I have to start all over again and cannot use an old project.