End position change?

Sebpilot

Posted · End position change?

Hi friends.

I am wondering where I do change the end position for the bed?

It is currently parkng the printer head all the way in the front of the bed lower left side.

I want the bed to move forward so that the printer head parks itself at the upper left corner instead.

But is there a way to change this?

If so, where?

Have looked at all settings but cannot find it or i missed it, there are so many settings, but so far start and end position have I not seen anywhere.

How to solve this?

You are talking about the park position at the end of a print?  In your "Machine Settings - End Gcode" you can add:

G0 X0 Y{machine_depth}

at an appropriate location within the End Gcode.  It is an Absolute move so you need to make sure that if there is a G91 in your end gcode that you place the line after the following G90.

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted (edited) · End position change?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Well teher are alot of settings in the file.

I do not have a "Machine setting" in Cura or the G code file.

All I have at the end is;

;TIME_ELAPSED:9254.621589
    G1 F2100 E99.48998
    M107
    G91
    G1 E-1
    G0 X0 Y200
    M104 S0
    G90
    G92 E0
    M140 S0
    M84
    M104 S0
    M140 S0
    M84
    M82 ;absolute extrusion mode
    M104 S0
    ;End of Gcode

Is it the Bold text I have marked above that I should change?

It is strange that Y is set to 200 it still ends at front position, maybe the printer has Y0 at the top left of the bed.

Am not sure about this.

Maybe if I set X0 Y0 here that would correct it?

But why does Cura not have the possibility to change this in a default setting?

I do not want tochange this every time I have a g code file.

Cura must have been told to set Y200 somewhere. There should be an End position setting somewhere since there are so many other settings available. Or at least so far I have not found the setting anywhere...

Edited by Sebpilot

What printer are we talking about here?  It can make a difference.

I think it's because the "G0 X0 Y200" move is under the G91 and before the G90.  That makes it a "relative" move and if it is to a position that is illegal to the printer it may just be ignored.

With your printer as the currently active printer:  under the menu "Settings" select "Printer" then at the very bottom "Manage Printers".  A dialog will come up showing the currently active printer.  On the right is "Machine Settings" which will bring up another dialog.  Stretch the dialog box vertically so you can see all of the "Ending G-Code" at the lower right.  I think it will look like the following:

M107
    G91
    G1 E-1
    G0 X0 Y200
    M104 S0
    G90
    G92 E0
    M140 S0
    M84
    M104 S0
    M140 S0
    M84
    M82 ;absolute extrusion mode
    M104 S0

Change it to look like the code below (you can copy and paste it in) as your new Ending Gcode.  If you have a Direct Drive on your printer then you may want to change the two retractions (in bold) which are suitable for a bowden setup but might not be for a DD.  This is pretty much the stock Ender 3 end gcode with a couple of minor changes.

;

; End Gcode

G91 ;Relative positioning

G1 E-2 F2700 ;Retract a bit

G1 E-2 Z0.2 F2400 ;Retract and raise Z

G1 X5 Y5 F3000 ;Wipe out

G1 Z10 ;Raise Z more

G90 ;Absolute positioning

M82 ;Absolute extrusion mode

G1 X0 Y{machine_depth} ;Present print

M106 S0 ;Turn-off fan

M104 S0 ;Turn-off hotend