Problem importing 3dmf from Fusion 360

skygalleries

Posted · Problem importing 3dmf from Fusion 360

Greetings!

Question: When I've exported from Fusion 360 as 3DMF the file comes in off the left front corner in Cura. Often extending below the bed. Any tips on getting Fusion's 3DMF files to play nice with Cura. I'm sticking with STL for now. STLs come in dead center and on top of the bed. 3DMF sometimes comes in below bed.

I'll have double check. but I think when I did print the 3dmf, the size was not correct either.

Max

Are you using the Tools->Make->3D Print function to send the design directly to Cura?

I get the model in the front left corner most of the time also, but it is a simple click on the model and move it into position. If there are multiple bodies, I have to group them in Cura before moving them.

It would be nice if it automatically positioned in the center if the build plate, but I guess I never thought too much about having to move it manually since I was ecstatic about Fusion being able to send it directly without having to Export.

Hello!

I Right click object: Export as mesh and select 3dmf. I manually opening it in Cura. I realize the 0,0,0 origin in Fustion is most likely the center of your model. And Cura considers 0,0 as the left front corner.

It would be nice if Cura had an option to import and center a 3dmf.  STLs come in fine.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• Introducing Universal Cura Projects in the UltiMaker Cura 5.7 beta
        Strap in for the first Cura release of 2024! This 5.7 beta release brings new material profiles as well as cloud printing for Method series printers, and introduces a powerful new way of sharing print settings using printer-agnostic project files! Also, if you want to download the cute dinosaur card holder featured below, it was specially designed for this release and can be found on Thingiverse! 
        • 10 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies