Material type under UM S3

ingo46

Posted (edited) · Material type under UM S3

Hello,

I installed the material profile "extrudr Biofusion" via the Maketplace in Cura (4.12.1). Under Material Type "Biofusion" appears. Under UM S5 I can then also create a print file. With the UM S3 this does not work, it's blocked by Cura - I first have to change the material type in "PLA" (in capital letters!!!).

mat3.jpg.4301f9d56889780de5a824ea1fed76e8.jpg

Why is that? What's behind it? How can I know such a thing?

Ingo

Edited by ingo46

Posted · Material type under UM S3
    3 hours ago, ingo46 said:

Under UM S5 I can then also create a print file. With the UM S3 this does not work

Is it this material?

https://marketplace.ultimaker.com/app/cura/materials/extrudr/Extrudr_BioFusion

The list of "Compatible printers" has only one entry: "Ultimaker S5"...

I guess Extrudr has not added printing profiles for the S3 (yet). This would explain the behavior.

• Thanks 1

I've already noticed that. Since UM S5 and UM S3 have the same firmware/Printcore, I have already added the UM S3 (in <maschine>)to the profile, because otherwise the profile would not appear in the printer.

The strange behavior, however, is the need for renaming, which I do not understand.

Edited by ingo46

16 hours ago, ingo46 said:

Since UM S5 and UM S3 have the same firmware/Printcore,

They do, but they don't have the same profiles because they require different settings (the sizes of the machine are different, so they often need different settings to get the same good result)

Edited by nallath