Support blocker and 3D45 Plugin

davee47

Posted · Support blocker and 3D45 Plugin

Has anyone had luck using support blocker with the Dremel 3D45 Plugin.

I just cant seem to make it work.

It will display the blocker but when I slice nothing appears to change.

Thanks,

Dave E

Posted (edited) · Support blocker and 3D45 Plugin

Thank you for your reply.

As you can see in the screeenshot below I even encapsulated the model in a blocker and it still showed the supports.  I tried to block all supports below the fins .

Dave E583331189_supportblockercapture.thumb.JPG.0f60ea12ae7792d81e0e85a860000345.JPG

Edited by davee47
    I Forgot something

What I believe AHoeben is saying is that the area of the model that wants support must be covered by the blocker.  When you look at the model from the bottom in Prepare you can see that things like the fins have red on the side facing the build plate.  When a blocker covers those red areas then the support will be blocked.  There is no need for the blocker to go to the build plate.

In this image looking through the bottom of the build plate - one blocker covers the rear of the model and the blocker is on the build plate.  It blocks the overhang around the periphery but only at the back of the model.

The second blocker is floating in the air and it covers the interior red surfaces of the roof and so blocks support from being generated for the top of the model.  The lower overhang is not blocked and so support is generated.

Untitled.thumb.png.54c0d0399d828b89d8bdccc6a850034e.png

And here you see that no support was generated for the front half of the roof but there is support on the lower overhang and in the rear the opposite occurred as there is no support for the lower overhang but the roof is supported.

Untitled1.thumb.png.db6e8d3bd9058e862e385948c8635de8.png

8 hours ago, davee47 said:

I even encapsulated the model in a blocker

As far as I can see in the screenshot, the blocker only encapsulates the bottom of the model. The blocker is supposed to encapsulate the part of the model that (seems to) need the support, ie higher up in your model.