Print sliding across bed after about 10 minutes

Posted · Print sliding across bed after about 10 minutes

Hey everyone! I'm trying to print something, and I'm running into a small problem.

Every time I attempt to print a file, it'll go well for about 10 minutes before it starts sliding around on the bed, completely ruining the print. I realized that the main print was too close to the Helper, and so it was melting together. How can I stop this from happening?

A picture is worth a thousand words.

The print might be warping and losing bed adhesion.  The bed adhesion could just have been insufficient from the start.  The nozzle could be hitting the print and breaking it loose.

When you say "helper" what do you mean...were you using a tower? or was there support in the way?

3 minutes ago, GregValiant said:

A picture is worth a thousand words.

The print might be warping and losing bed adhesion.  The bed adhesion could just have been insufficient from the start.  The nozzle could be hitting the print and breaking it loose.

When you say "helper" what do you mean...were you using a tower? or was there support in the way?

The "Helper" in this instance is the cyan line in this picture. It's somehow melting together with the main print

3D print screenshot.png

It's the skirt.  There is a setting for Skirt Distance.  I think the default is 10mm and that looks like what you have there.  In order for the skirt to get physical with the print it must have broken loose from the build plate.

Are you using anything to aid in bed adhesion?  Glue stick or hairspray or anything?  What build surface do you have?  What is your bed temperature?

1 hour ago, GregValiant said:

It's the skirt.  There is a setting for Skirt Distance.  I think the default is 10mm and that looks like what you have there.  In order for the skirt to get physical with the print it must have broken loose from the build plate.

Are you using anything to aid in bed adhesion?  Glue stick or hairspray or anything?  What build surface do you have?  What is your bed temperature?

I do not have anything to assist bed adhesion, though I did already order some a couple hours ago lol

My usual bed temperature is about 60°C

60° is good.  I like hairspray (here in the US we can get Aquanet Super-Hold and it works well).  @gr5 has a video (THIS ONE) regarding bed adhesion.  It has a lot of good info in it.  As you have learned if it doesn't start well it won't end at all.