Apple Silicon Version

jahdou

Posted · Apple Silicon Version

Hopefully yes, but it also depends on some libraries which are used by Cura. But Ultimaker is aware and they are working on it.

Do you have any issues with your M1 Mac? On mine it is working fine so far.

I still have issue with M1. It's almost unusable. Extremely slow and buggy. MacBook Pro 16 M1 Max - 64GB RAM 

I can slice one object very very slow but if I have to do any changes after that I have to restart the Cura. sometimes I have to reinstall the Cura completely. Now, the Purse slicer works great with no issue and extremely fast, but I am using Cura for a while and got used to its great features. It has been over 8 months since they promised to come with new version to work with Apple Silicon M1 but nothing yet. Please release the M1 version soon.  

It is a rather big undertaking to change out much of the interface, which is required to switch to a newer version of the GUI framework which supports your architecture.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 10:51 PM, kmaniei said:

I still have issue with M1. It's almost unusable. Extremely slow and buggy. MacBook Pro 16 M1 Max - 64GB RAM 

I can slice one object very very slow but if I have to do any changes after that I have to restart the Cura. sometimes I have to reinstall the Cura completely. Now, the Purse slicer works great with no issue and extremely fast, but I am using Cura for a while and got used to its great features. It has been over 8 months since they promised to come with new version to work with Apple Silicon M1 but nothing yet. Please release the M1 version soon.  

We first had to wait for other parties to update their software, which is also what we communicated. We're working on these changes as we speak.

If you want to get mad at something, get mad at Apple for pulling the rug underneath developers, forcing them to make changes in order to still continue supporting their platform. I get that it's frustrating that it doesn't work, but it's equally frustrating for us (although it's a little less frustrating now since we can actually work on fixing it)

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I see that this post is 1 year old tomorrow. I'm happy to say that Cura is stable enough on my Macs. But it is however the only application that forces me to install Rosetta in order to run. Apple will of course depreciate Rosetta at one point, and any Mac running without it will run a bit better. So please consider looking into making Cura a Universal app or native for Apple Silicon.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
    On 1/23/2023 at 10:21 PM, craftydesigner said:

I see that this post is 1 year old tomorrow. I'm happy to say that Cura is stable enough on my Macs. But it is however the only application that forces me to install Rosetta in order to run. Apple will of course depreciate Rosetta at one point, and any Mac running without it will run a bit better. So please consider looking into making Cura a Universal app or native for Apple Silicon.

Can confirm it's also stable on my m2 Mac mini.