Sebpilot

Hi

Sometime I print multiple things after each other, same color of PLA and nothing changes.

But every single time the printer makes the "line" at the bottom of the bed. The printer head is at 2 mm height and it makes a thick line all across the width of the board. But why?

Is it possible to remove this somewhere in the code or in Cura settings?

I always have a brim of 4mm that is printed and my bed is autoleveling before each print so it seems a bit waste to print this when printing 10 pieces a day, I do not need these test lines between every single object.

How to remove it?

The purge line(s) are in the StartUp G-Code.  Click on Settings / Printer then down at the bottom is Manage Printers and then click on Machine Settings.  In the lower left window is the startup gcode.  The purge lines may be noted like...

G1 X1.0 Y20 Z0.3 F5000.0 ; Move

G1 X1.0 Y200.0 Z0.3 F1500.0 E15 ; Draw the first line

if you put a semi-colon in front of the lines they will be comments and the printer won't pay attention.

;G1 X1.0 Y20 Z0.3 F5000.0 ; Move

;G1 X1.0 Y200.0 Z0.3 F1500.0 E15 ; Draw the first line

Thank you friend!

I am new to this and am not understanding much code even if I look for solutions. What I have is this;

G28

G1 Z15 F300

M107

G90

M82

M104 S215

M140 S70

G92 E0

M109 S215

M107

G0 X10 Y20 F6000

G1 Z0.8

G1 F300 X200 E40

G1 F1200 Z2

G92 E0

G28

G29

I can only guess that the line is this part;

G0 X10 Y20 F6000

G1 Z0.8

G1 F300 X200 E40

G1 F1200 Z2

But I am not sure.

This one first sets the Z height and then extrudes to X200

;G0 X10 Y20 F6000

;G1 Z0.8

;G1 F300 X200 E40

G1 F1200 Z2  ;This one is OK as it just raises the Z.

The line that has the "E" in it is the extrusion line.  The Startup gcode sets your machine up to print.  The Gcode list @ MarlinFW.org is the full listing of the G and M commands.  You should look up the ones you have there so you understand what is going on and the order it is happening.

• Like 1