Cura 4.12.1 and Octoprint.

Semtex_Dyna_Rider

Posted · Cura 4.12.1 and Octoprint.

Hi all. 

New to 3D printing and trying to add Octoprint to Cura. I have followed the steps and added the Octoprint plug in. It states it is added and after shutting Cura and restarting it I go as suggested to the manage printer and select my my printer but there is only option to Update Firmware or Machine settings. No option for Octo print. 

How can I link it. 

Many thanks. 

Mike. 

What printer do you use? If your printer does not support printing over USB, it does not support OctoPrint. Though most printers do still support that, the Ultimaker 3 and newer for example do not. It could be that you inadvertently told Cura that you have an Ultimaker S5 printer, since it is the default option when you add the printer to Cura.

If this does not turn out to be the issue, I need to see your Cura.log. It can be found in the folder that opens when you go to Help -> Show configuration folder. Please upload the Cura.log file somewhere and post a link to it here.

5 hours ago, ahoeben said:

What printer do you use? If your printer does not support printing over USB, it does not support OctoPrint. Though most printers do still support that, the Ultimaker 3 and newer for example do not. It could be that you inadvertently told Cura that you have an Ultimaker S5 printer, since it is the default option when you add the printer to Cura.

If this does not turn out to be the issue, I need to see your Cura.log. It can be found in the folder that opens when you go to Help -> Show configuration folder. Please upload the Cura.log file somewhere and post a link to it here.

Ok so I managed to get it set up on Cura, was a pain, wasnt installing correctly. So now I have it installed however when I attempt to link it is stating that Octoprint is available. Any ideas? 

Octoprint notconnecting.PNG

52 minutes ago, Semtex_Dyna_Rider said:

Ok so I managed to get it set up on Cura, was a pain, wasnt installing correctly.

If there's anything you think I can do to make it less of a pain, then please give more details. How was it not installing correctly, and what did you do to solve it?

53 minutes ago, Semtex_Dyna_Rider said:

So now I have it installed however when I attempt to link it is stating that Octoprint is available. Any ideas?

I need to see your cura.log file. You can find that via Help -> Show configuration folder. Please upload it somewhere and post a link here (dropbox, google drive, wetransfer, something like that).