Cura v14.01 missing details...

mnis

Posted · Cura v14.01 missing details...

Cura v14.01 embezzles details ...

I have printed an object multiple times with different Layer resolutions. In the preview, the object is displayed correctly with any label. But the prints are always in the same position missing labels, how can I solve the problem?

CuraProblem MissingDetails...

If this is already known, then I'm sorry.

Markus

Does the layers view show the detail that you want? I think that it's just smaller than the 0.5mm or so minimum detail size that cura can print, given the need to draw a perimeter all the way around the shape with a 0.4mm nozzle. Because it's too small, Cura decided to ignore it.

Do you have an STL that you can share?

The layer view does not show it. Since I may well get false information. Unfortunately I can not edit because I have currently no CAD software.

Yes I have an STL file, how should I share it? Should I put it in my DropBox and then call you the link to?

CuraProblem MissingLabels(2)

Markus

The writing that goes missing is in a different typeface that has thinner bodies to the letters. Just measuring it crudely in Meshlab, it looks like those letters are about 0.55mm across the individual strokes of the letters, while the numbers in the other parts of the print are more like 0.68mm across. That's probably enough of a difference for Cura to decide to print the parts.

Once I scaled the print up 30%, the letters started to appear - but because its a serif font, with thin lines and fine details, it doesn't show up well. Using a sans serif font would make for bolder, simpler letter shapes that print more easily at small sizes.

Much obliged.

I already have two objects with 0.1mm / 0.05mm, the overall quality is great. Even when the object with 0.1mm Scripture is already readable. And 0.05mm is the scriptural perfect.

The pattern with 0.02mm is probably not good because I would have to choose a finer structure of the support material. The overhang is not produced cleanly. Unlucky.

SupportMaterial too coarse(1)SupportMaterial too coarse(2)

SupportMaterial too coarse(3)SupportMaterial too coarse(4)

SupportMaterial too coarse(5)

I will give your information to the interested person. I was asked to make test prints with the UM2. The person wants to be seen against the UM2 purchase a few samples. I had the time and inclination to do so.

Markus

Here, almost the entire font is recognizable. A print over the Z-axis allows without finishing of the 3D model. The height of the characters was probably sufficient.

There are entirely new problems:

The object is obviously somewhat distorted. But in the frontal plan view, it does not look quite as bad. Almost like an optical illusion. The outer circle looks good. Even the inner circle from behind looked also looks good.

What could I do to eliminate or reduce the problem?

Print Colder? Choose a finer resolution of the Z-axis? Change the internal filling?

Test(1b 1) 100micron

Wow, what the Ultimaker2 is capable of, madness.

The correct perspective is crucial.

Test(1b 3) 100micron

Much more an optical illusion.

Test(1b 5) 100micron

Markus

The object is obviously somewhat distorted.

Not obvious to me. I looked at all 3 pictures three times each. Please mark up the picture showing the current thing that is distorted and where it *should* be.

Hello gr5,

Immediately after printing, the object looked very distorted, but it was the lighting. In the first image, the average rounding almost looks like a raindrop. In the physical view, it looked a lot worse. But the UM2 has actually done a good job, when viewed from a different perspective you could see it. I thought you might recognize it very well on the first image.

Markus