Do I need to replace a transistor on my UM2 board?

Daviren

Posted (edited) · Do I need to replace a transistor on my UM2 board?

I've been having some trouble with my fans on my UM2+ lately. I noticed that this post describes similar issues to what I'm experiencing:

So I decided to follow the test instructions. Here were my results:

Test 1: T1 0.841, T2 0.841

Test 2: T1 0.856, T2 0.992

Test 3: T1 0.053, T2 0.671

Does this mean that the T1 transistor needs to be replaced?

UPDATE: In case anyone else is experiencing a similar issue, I did need to replace the transistors. I consulted a friend who is more experienced with circuit boards than I am, and he confirmed that the transistors were probably in bad shape. I ordered part number BC817-16FDICT-ND from Digi-Key, and my friend swapped out the old transistors for the new ones. The fans started right up with no problem! No need to kick them, and they are properly cooling the prints now. Thank goodness for these forums or I would have been totally lost!

Edited by Daviren
The problem has been solved and I wanted to include an update with the solution.
  • Like 1