Bad Print

NelsB54

Posted (edited) · Bad Print

Hi Everyone  saw the form and looking at some of the answers I hope I fixed the problem.  I start another print  but all day i am having some printing problems, 1) flow sensor said  no filament load about halfway thru the print and it looked crappy.  So I reload a new spool from Ultimaker Tough PLA new spool  clean the feeder out also changed a new .04 head out of the box and still got crappy print same thing no filament loaded halfway thru the print again.  So I decided to clean the head (the New Head) reload filament funny thing I the filament not stream out of the head just slowly very slow come out of the nozzle but if I applied a small amount of pressure it stream out nicely.  So I think the feeder is shot it not feeding the filament at a steady pressure it seems. So I made and adjustment to the screw that adjust the tension on the wheel.   This is my last shot hope this works, It has been printing fine for the past year no problems.  I will attached so pictures of the prints, see if anyone has any ideas what's going on if you can 

Thanks 

20220222_154738.jpg

20220222_154752.jpg

20220222_154821.jpg

20220222_154832.jpg

20220222_154850.jpg

20220222_154923.jpg

20220222_155001.jpg

20220222_155025.jpg

Edited by NelsB54

ok I have just checked on my print and it seems to be working, everything is the way it should be. I will show the final print tomorrow this thing won't be done until 7:20 to night.  Tired and going home 

This seems to be quite obvious under-extrusion. together with the messages from the flow sensor, there seems to be too much resistance in the material feed. 
    the possible problem zones are in the print head, bowden tube and feeder. 
    For the printhead, a printcore cleaning is recommended to make sure no residue is stuck. 
    For the bowden tube, check its attachment and replace if necessary. Ultimaker recommends replacing it after I think 1500 printing hours. 
    For the feeder, open it up and clean it with compressed air and a brush. the feed gear should be free of material residue. 
    the feeder housing can also be removed and the drive gear on the motor lubricated. this should also be done every 1500 printing hours according to the maintenance schedule. 
    These are all the points that come to mind. 

Good Morning,, well,  looks like I fixed the problem.  SO what i ended up doing was adjust the feed pressure of the filament feeder on the back, i notice that the adjustment screw head was on the outside of the box and not on the inside.  Well I have more things to print let see if am right or just got lucky.  

20220223_081739.jpg

20220223_081745.jpg

20220223_082026.jpg