S5 w/Material Station, Filaments Unload Immediately

rachael7

Posted · S5 w/Material Station, Filaments Unload Immediately

For some reason, my S5 Bundle (w/material station) is no longer respecting the maximum park duration specified in my filament profiles and is instead unloading both filaments immediately after every print. I'm not sure what triggered this change in behavior or how to correct it, but it's putting a lot of unnecessary wear on the filament and feeders, and adding time between prints to unload and reload the filament. Any idea what's going on? Or how to even start diagnosing it?

2 minutes ago, Ogge500 said:

Does this happen when you are using deafult material profiles without any prior modification? 

Yes. My only modification is that I've changed the "safe to touch" temperature to 135C using Ultituner.exe.

Check if your printer runs the latest firmware update.

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011545559-Update-the-Ultimaker-S5-firmware

If you already have the latest update, try uninstalling the software and disable developer options.

We are trying to figure out what is causing the problem, and with that being the only thing you've done to the printer, it might be the cause of the problem.

Another thing to take into concider, are you sure that your printer has the right material profiles loaded?

If both are negative, try to do a full factory reset. I guess your material profiles are saved on your computer aswell, so that should not be a problem. It will only take about 10 minutes.

Yes, I am running the newest firmware on the 'latest' channel. The printer has been taken out of developer mode and SSH disabled. Yes, I'm sure that the printer has the right material profiles loaded - I looked at them through the API and verified their contents. 

With all due respect and appreciation for the assistance, who is "we" who are "trying to figure out what is causing the problem"? Are  you affiliated with UM?

Hello

a few ideas about this.

The material station works with different values depending on the material UM / not UM. Have you ever tried to print a filament from UM with the error? That should theoretically have a different park time.

Here in the forum circulate meanwhile some Cheats around different things to affect. To exclude that you have bent something in developer mode (by such a hack), I would reload the firmware manually.

Many greetings

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · S5 w/Material Station, Filaments Unload Immediately

I hope the help from UlrichC-DE works.
    My expertise is not in modification and the backend with Ultimaker printers.

Regarding the usage of the word "we" in my previous post. With "we" I am meaning you, me, and any other person that would help. I am not affiliated with UM. 

My apologies for any confusion.

Edited by Ogge500

Hello

@Ogge500
    Your suggestions can also help to find the error.

Many who write here, as well as I, are not from Ultimaker. From time to time, however, a new nose from Ultimaker appears here in the forum.

If such a person then writes in the individual case. "We look then after" Is that of course very pleasing. That would mean that it is a known bug that UM is working on.

About the problem.

This sounds like a sledgehammer abort after a successful print . On a normal S5, this would not be noticeable. The printer would be ready to print again right after printing without waiting. With an S5 Pro bundle, it's a little different.

It could also be a sensor error. Then an error log would be written.  If there is a USB stick in the printer, you would have logs and more information.

Many greetings