gaps between top surface lines

chrismason

Posted · gaps between top surface lines

Hi,

we use the standard Cura settings on our Ultimaker S5 with ultimaker branded PLA.

I recently did a print which is a solid model (only about 0.6mm tall, but 134mm wide hex shape).

The print seemed to be going well but i see there are gaps between the print lines on the top layer.

I wonder how this is happening in some areas but not in others as the brim seems to be seamless, so guessing the flow rate is ok. I do not have ironing settings active.

I have attached the cura settings for the top/bottom section. (not sure if there is a way to export a list of all the settings used instead of doing screen shots?)

If anything else would be useful to diagnose these gaps I can provide further screen shots for cura settings.

thanks in advance for any feedback.

cura settings 1.jpg

IMG_3773.JPG

IMG_3771.JPG

By default the top/bottom flow is reduced a litte (to 97% I think), you can try to increase that.

Have you ruled out mechanical issues like dirty feeder, partly blocked nozzle, wrong tension of the feeder lever?

Does this also happen when you use the material in extruder 1?

Hello

maybe you could also post a project file.

Then someone could vl. find out something based on the preview.

My first suspicion would be that you print only floor and no ceiling.

Your floor is 1mm, but you print only 0.6 in height.

Many greetings